RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with riding season pretty much gone it's time to tear my Warrior down and start preparing for next season. Tonite the wheels, swingarm, caliper bracket, and all the tins will be removed. Tomorrow the wheels will be disassembled and dropped off with the swingarm and caliper bracket for powdercoating.

I've received various opinions about my probable choice of colors for next season. Some were excited about it and others said if I wanted a Kawasaki why not buy one. Well I don't want a Kawasaki but yep, that's right. It's going to be black andbright green. I've always liked black and bright green together, so those arethe plans at present. The wheels will be "green" and the tins will be black and green. Swingarm and caliper bracket will be black. I'll be designing a paint scheme for the tins and may still do the shark's teeth and eyes on the tank.

I'm really looking forward to the finished product and just hope that it turns out as nice as I expect.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
THE GREEN HORNET........cool!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
that sounds great duke, looking forward to seeing the end result (and all the steps in between) i'm thinking black and green would look really good if done in the right scheme

·
Registered
661 Posts
Wrenches and sockets and tears oh my!!! LOL. You should get a Green Hornet outfit for the WF! That would be great! LOL. Have fun tearing down Duke. As for me....eerrrmmmm, ahhhhhhrrrmmmmm, I'll be riding. LOL. Make sure you post pics along the way my friend. It's cool watching all these bikes, that start out identical, take shape into unique machines!

·
Registered
661 Posts
AlanH said:
Not to add fuel to the fire and change the subject matter but has the jury returned their decision

Do tell.....what are the offending little metal bits Duke found in his oil change pan?

·
Registered
890 Posts
**** this mean I have to wait months to see this MONSTER. I've always liked that green and black. Find a painter that can do some fine white airbrushing along the green/black contrast and that paint will look like its raised.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AlanH said:
Not to add fuel to the fire and change the subject matter but has the jury returned their decision

I'll probably have that checked out before wheels get back. Based on the info I've received here I doubt the parts are from the Warrior. Like everyone siad, if they are they likely came from the clutch assembly. If none of the extended fingers are missing in the clutch assembly and I find nothing in my next oil change or the filter, the search is officially over.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Can't wait Duke to see the new machine, in Spring.

I think the black and bright green will look amazing. I saw recently a black ride with shiny green flames on it and it looked killer.

I'm curious how "green" the wheels will be. You will not toss your custom pipe, right?
Looking forward to ride toghether with you in Indiana, next summer! Bbbbbbbbad to the bone!

This is the paint style I will have done to my machine (just giving you ideas):

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Pep said:
AlanH said:

I'll probably have that checked out before wheels get back. Based on the info I've received here I doubt the parts are from the Warrior. Like everyone siad, if they are they likely came from the clutch assembly. If none of the extended fingers are missing in the clutch assembly and I find nothing in my next oil change or the filter, the search is officially over.
Wellif you're going in for exploratory surgery and haven't done the CPS or upgraded the stock clutch pressure plate now would be an ideal time as the Barnett pressure plate is definitely a worthy investment IMO. I paid $119.95 Landed from Jireh Cycles - Nov '07'

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AlanH said:
Pep said:
AlanH said:

I'll probably have that checked out before wheels get back. Based on the info I've received here I doubt the parts are from the Warrior. Like everyone said, if they are they likely came from the clutch assembly. If none of the extended fingers are missing in the clutch assembly and I find nothing in my next oil change or the filter, the search is officially over.
Wellif you're going in for exploratory surgery and haven't done the CPS or upgraded the stock clutch pressure plate now would be an ideal time as the Barnett pressure plate is definitely a worthy investment IMO. I paid $119.95 Landed from Jireh Cycles - Nov '07'
That will probably be in the plans. I'm also looking at a tricky air but need to seriously budget for that mod. I need to get a new front tire for next season and am debating which way to go. I have two seasons (10K) on my Dunlop Elite III (130/70R18) and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it had a bit of a raised crown in the center of the tread. Probably needs a wider rim. How is the D220 or do you have another recommendation?

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Pep,I had the D220 front tire before I got my metzler's. The front tire cupped worse than any other tire I have used. I got a lot of miles out of it but I would not buy it again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts