RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on this for a couple months now. People always ask about my trips. I had done a few travelogues for my various motorcycle trips but all with different links. I thought I would put it all together into one spot so people could check things out. While I was at it I tried to write up little blogs for other trips I had done, by memory.

You wont find anything supremely insightful or amazing. Its mostly a journal of my travels all compiled into one spot. Feel free to check it out and pass it around.

My computer skills are fairly limited. This is a first for me and honestly I did it mostly for myself to have all my travel experiences in one spot. Please check it out and any suggestions or criticisms are welcome. Its been a blast looking back at things I wrote 3-4 years ago and seeing how my writing and I have progressed!

PS its pretty much up to date on my experiences from Russia to now. I havent yet put up things from my time in Antarctica.

The Travelling Myrt

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Guys, if you saw Tomba's post http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/42-europe-riders/279802-monty-sighted-kiev.html
You will know about my little trip to Turkey to go hiking. Well my little trip got cut short due to weather. Its not a big deal I have other things I need to do.

So to expand on my future plans, Tomba mentioned. Well this spring I will get on Yoshi and head out of Ukraine for a while, like all summer since I am semi-retired (some would say unemployed). I am not 100% sure of my route yet. I am in the planning phase right now, will update when I have an idea.

How long this trip will last I dont know. It depends on many many things but mostly the duration revolves around my plans for 2018. I have a monstrous idea I am attempting to pull off, hopefully in 2018.

This idea I like to call Plan ATP. I dont want to give to much away on this idea yet. Its still in the infancy stages where my idea is slowly turning into a plan. My goal is by March to have Plan ATP drawn up along with my route for this coming summer.

I discussed Plan ATP with Tomba when he was here. He seemed pretty excited about it. Everyone I have bounced the idea off of seems to think it should be a grand adventure.

I have done travel reports on the forum here but they were done more to give back to a group of guys who have been a huge help for me, and for entertainment. My blog I keep updated is again done more for me than anything. I look at it as my journal and if someone else is interested to see it then great. I have never written anything or posted anything anywhere hoping to make a buck.

So with that being said. I have made the huge decision to do something I really hate and that is to ATTEMPT to promote myself and Plan ATP. I am not looking to make a ton of money or break even. I believe this is my trip and I should foot the the bill for it, I dont want to come off as some kind of beggar. Though if I could attract some attention and it lead to some things like free tires or oil or a new helmet I wouldnt argue.

So recently I started on Instagram, 2 days ago, not sure how this works to tell you guys but my name there is travelling_myrt maybe this link will work? https://www.instagram.com/travelling_myrt/

I have been doing tons of research on the whole Instagram thing. I plan to keep plugging away at it posting pics from previous travels until spring and I start up on Yoshi again. Hopefully all the while slowly growing a following maybe it will lead to something. If not well I havent lost much.

So any ideas you guys have about someone promoting themselves I am all ears. As soon as I have a solid written strategy for Plan ATP I will update so maybe you guys can help me out with more ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts