RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So planning to order Churchey's V-Bak to replace the stock airbox and also want to do the AIS block off at the same time. My question is once the V-Bak and AIS are done, are the guts under the coffin and the left side scoop really doing anything or will they be strictly cosmetic/extra at that point? Fairly certain from what I have seen that the AIS block off gets rid of the stuff under the scoop, leaving the scoop as cosmetic peice, but what about the coffin? I've seen lots of folks that have replaced them with covers etc. Would want to leave them in place for the time being simply for asthetics

·
Registered
800 Posts
Cosmetic. Lots of options...from Speedstar air filter (WHich is cosmetic only) to custom covers.

Do a search on right side covers.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator also lives under the left side scoop. Many have relocated it under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
429 Posts
IMO,loose the coffin it just gets in the way of your knee.If you want i think Jim,Yongja,has one of thoes double v-stack plates to cover the "stuff" on the right side.I am sure he will giveyou a deal on it.... Left side scoop Cools the rear jug....Many run with out itand it does look cleaner removed soooo?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK so I think I jumped the gun with my question, I think what I wanted to ask was multiple questions

1) Can I just do the VBAK or do I need to do the AIS as well, AIS is emissions equipment correct?

2) One the VBAK is done I can either lose the coffin or keep it in place (at least until I find a suitable replacement)?

3) Once I lose the coffin do I need to plug the inlet that goes into the airbox from the coffin via the rubber ducting, or is that whole airbox assembly gone once the VBAK is installed?

Planning to keep the left side scoop unless I replace with the speedstar scoop but not sold on the looks of it.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
1) You don't have to mess with the AIS, and yes it is emissions control equipment... required by law. And so is the main airbox, all of these mods are strictly for off road use.

2) You won't need the coffin do with it what you will. Guys convert them for storage, or install a loud horn in there. Mine has a tire pump mounted inside.

3) The main airbox will be gone, ductwork, plumbing and all.

Under the left side scoop is the AIS plumbing, the main dry-break, and the fuel pressure regulator, the upper motor mount and some bracketry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts