RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Administrator
28,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its unbelievable how this year has zipped past us like a wide-open Warrior, and that means a bunch of us bikers got to talking again. Yep I know what you're thinking but as usual something good came out so its cool :D

We were thinking about how again this year there's been a lot of members who have jumped-in to help those posting bike troubles, and many jump-in to help diagnose meaning they are 'there to help' even before the nature of the problem is discovered. That takes time and dedication and maybe even a bit of 'been there' compassion and it seems to happen here every day.

This place is like no other. And members like you make this a great place to invest time and meet brother and sister bikers worldwide who also help each other succeed, and who also love to ride and get all the smiles-per-gallon their Warrior can dish-out. Plus we protect each other from the wandering jerks who might think we're easy marks because we send needed parts between us for cheap or free. We know that being nice is not a sign of weakness or blindness so those jerks are most often recognized and disappear even before we have time to ask the forum to show them the door.

Its been said before and will be said again: its good sometimes to recognize the good things and say thanks, and while we wish our budget were bigger we've cobbled together an award for one lucky member here.

This time we're giving-away one very nice set of riding gloves. How nice? Ohh, how about up to $200.00 USD nice, delivered, and YOU get to pick 'em! And the only requirement to enter is (A) post-up here to say you are 'in' and (B) say what gloves you want . . . but relax you can change your mind anytime!

Just so its out there, this isn't a forum thing its just a bunch of guys wanting to say THANK YOU to everyone just for being you. We figure this thread will run until ~midnight (USA Pacific Time) on December 29th and the winner will be posted as early as the night of December 30th but no later than midnight on December 31st. Then with luck the winner will post a pic here of their new gloves when they get 'em!

Let the fun begin!

Your Hosts:
Tomba, Shadow Warrior, Scawein, Parkinglot, Heff, HarryMarsch, Flyingdutchman, CaliforniaCruiser, ArizonaWarrior are not eligible, oh well!

·
Administrator
28,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
the 'In' Crowd: (as of 30 Dec 2014)

60ftgap
Abd9810
Arno
BillyMinder
Boricuawarrior
CCCP
Daboy_57110
Dunecraz
Fdesa
Firebird1970
Gchalifo
Gilly
Harri20
Luv2LafMcc
Ntrsandmann
Rij1
Robert S
ShamelessMT
Snowboy1234
Stellmon
Stsmike
Tlrfan
TribalMR2
Wardrums
WickedWild
Wizzy
Zalama
Zrat

EVERYONE:
Please remember to post-up what gloves you think you want, and
you can change your mind anytime plus we will ask the winner what
gloves they want (and size) before we get 'em coming. The idea is
to create a conversation that could help everyone into the future!

WINNER: 60ftgap!!
Please send me a PM with what gloves you want, what size, and where to get them for you for quick delivery!

Congratulations Steven!!!!

Guys, 60ftgap is getting black Alpinestars Polar Gore-Tex Gloves
in size Large . . . I'll get them ordered sometime tomorrow.
I have the ship-to address and everything is ready to rock!
These are some real nice gloves . . . have you guys seen 'em?

Also, Steven has asked that the balance go to The Salvation Army.
Once all's done we will make that happen in Steven's name right-on!

Thanks to all the hosts for this event, and thanks to everyone who entered,
and thanks to every participating member here because you are what this is
all about and its a privilege to be here among all you crazy bikers!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
I don't need a pair of gloves,but what I want to say is that this forum is [email protected] AWESOME.................
Everyone here is always willing to help out anyone in need......I've also had the pleasure to meet some cool dude's who luv to ride....And been fortunate to go on some cool rides with them.....So THANKS to everyone for making this 4m what it is....And thanks to those of you who are making this happen.............
Happy holidays to everyone n your family's..................

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I'd like to be in for this drawing. I could use some winter gloves, but I've never even perused $200 gloves to know which I'd like. If I were to win, I'm betting I could find a suitable pair though. Thanks again to everyone who's contributed to this 3rd drawing of the season. It's unbelievable how great you all are.

Edit: After doing some shopping I think I've found the glove I wanna win. The Rukka Cosmo in size 11: Rukka Cosmo GORE-TEX Gloves - RevZilla
it doesn't get cold enough here to require heated gloves, but I could really use the waterproofing and a little insulation. These look phenomenal too.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
NOT IN !! the amazing reason for the season in full swing. giving, caring , and believing, another amazing favor from the Lord above and the finest members of any forum on the net anywhere, God bless you and your loved ones through this Christmas and New Year season,
ill get in this and if i am the winner split the 200.00 and give 2 guys the prize of 100.00 each ,btk572

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
the amazing reason for the season in full swing. giving, caring , and believing, another amazing favor from the Lord above and the finest members of any forum on the net anywhere, God bless you and your loved ones through this Christmas and New Year season,
ill get in this and if i am the winner split the 200.00 and give 2 guys the prize of 100.00 each ,btk572
I'm in
owt for nowt :D
So BTK if you win we get one glove each Lol:eek::eek:

Dave

·
Administrator
28,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We talked about two prizes but the gloves are run-of-the-mill and so a GREAT pair, a really-really-nice pair, is what we decided because we hope to communicate how much we appreciate everyone here and also because few of us have the opportunity to actually own a really really nice set of gloves.

So our hope is that everyone will accept the prize in the spirit in which it is offered and without guilty pressure brought-on by a vendor barging into a give-away financed by non-vendor-members and hijacking the donated funds while downgrading the prize.

We want the winner to have a GREAT set of gloves that they themselves select because what constitutes a great set of gloves will be different from person to person!

the amazing reason for the season in full swing. giving, caring , and believing, another amazing favor from the Lord above and the finest members of any forum on the net anywhere, God bless you and your loved ones through this Christmas and New Year season,

·
Registered
867 Posts
This is amazing, so many things being given away this year. I'd like to be in on this, I've been looking for heated gloves for the past 2 years but never pulled the trigger. Been looking at the Firstgear DC heated gloves (Firstgear Heated Rider Gloves - Waterproof - Gloves - - Canada's Motorcycle) but a recent thread from joeyalessi got me thinking about battery heated gloves now. Either way I'd like in. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
This is amazing, so many things being given away this year. I'd like to be in on this, I've been looking for heated gloves for the past 2 years but never pulled the trigger. Been looking at the Firstgear DC heated gloves (Firstgear Heated Rider Gloves - Waterproof - Gloves - - Canada's Motorcycle) but a recent thread from joeyalessi got me thinking about battery heated gloves now. Either way I'd like in. Thanks!
Yea, i would not mind having a pair of these also. I am getting older an i am going to be needing some heated gear if i ride in the winter at all any more. So, count me in to please.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
We talked about two prizes but the gloves are run-of-the-mill and so a GREAT pair, a really-really-nice pair, is what we decided because we hope to communicate how much we appreciate everyone here and also because few of us have the opportunity to actually own a really really nice set of gloves.

So our hope is that everyone will accept the prize in the spirit in which it is offered and without guilty pressure brought-on by a vendor barging into a give-away financed by non-vendor-members and hijacking the donated funds while downgrading the prize.

We want the winner to have a GREAT set of gloves that they themselves select because what constitutes a great set of gloves will be different from person to person!
ARE YOU @%#&*$ SERIOUS HERE ?? i was just thinking spread the cheer if i did win, i wasn't hijacking anything in any way. i guess i can only be on here as a vendor not as just a member thinking of others .??? im floored???? at this response !!!!
my apologies to anyone offended by this gesture post !! btk572

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Great idea Mike, I already have a great pair of warm waterproof gloves, so leave me out of the draw, that will give others an extra chance of winning.
Good luck to all..... and buy wisely :cool:

ARE YOU @%#&*$ SERIOUS HERE ?? i was just thinking spread the cheer if i did win, i wasn't hijacking anything in any way. i guess i can only be on here as a vendor not as just a member thinking of others .??? im floored???? at this response !!!! btk572
Bill, how can you share a prize like that?. If the gloves are 200.00, then the winner gets top quality gloves....
Your Lordy had nothing to do with this December give-away pair of gloves... I presume he has a lot more urgent matters to attend to in the world......
than keeping your little mitts warm and dry :p

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
ARE YOU @%#&*$ SERIOUS HERE ?? i was just thinking spread the cheer if i did win, i wasn't hijacking anything in any way. i guess i can only be on here as a vendor not as just a member thinking of others .??? im floored???? at this response !!!!
my apologies to anyone offended by this gesture post !! btk572
Hi Bill, You are a valuable member of our community on this forum and do some great stuff, so you like anyone else on here are welcome to put your name in. The prize is what it is, $200 gloves that we hope the winner when wearing them will enjoy them and know that they are appreciated for their help and input into the forum. I guess if anyone on here does not need new gloves then leave your name out so those that do will have a better chance. All the best.

Heff

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Great idea Mike, I already have a great pair of warm waterproof gloves, so leave me out of the draw, that will give others an extra chance of winning.
Good luck to all..... and buy wisely :cool:
You are so awesome Gav. I am with you. I am not "in"... but want to say good luck to all of you who have helped me and everyone else on this forum so constantly with patience & wit....and without judgement... but ALWAYS with a little kidding to seal the deal. You all know who you are...and you are amazing.

:D

<3

·
Administrator
28,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Amen brother.

Hi Bill, You are a valuable member of our community on this forum and do some great stuff, so you like anyone else on here are welcome to put your name in. The prize is what it is, $200 gloves that we hope the winner when wearing them will enjoy them and know that they are appreciated for their help and input into the forum. I guess if anyone on here does not need new gloves then leave your name out so those that do will have a better chance. All the best.

Heff

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I have a pair of really nice gloves so I dont want to enter my name.

If its possible I would like to have Zalama's name entered into the drawing.

He organized a great little meeting this summer then followed it up by hhelping me out when I had some issues with the bike. He helped me out a bunch this summer looking up info and passing it on tome while I was on the road, without internet access, and had issues with my tire. If ever someone deserves a little something extra he sure does!

1 - 20 of 183 Posts