RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bike recently and was skeptical about the feel of the handlebars and after a full day of riding today, I decided the have to go. The seller said they were Demon Cycle 10" bars and I believe that link is the actual bars. I measured and they are 40" from edge to edge on the grips which is a big difference going from my FJR which was 28" in total width.

I was talking to another gentleman today who also has a warrior. He sat on the bike and agreed that they felt uncomfortable. He bought his bike used and believed they had the aftermarket Yamaha drag bars. They came back to him with a very comfortable feel and he strongly recommended them. We glanced at eBay and he said he believed these were the same ones but they are bent to ****.

Obviously, they are not selling them new anymore, but can anyone recommend comfortable handlebars to purchase? Maybe clones from other brands? It would be cool if they had the built-in risers but I would consider replacing the risers if necessary. Since it is a midnight warrior, I would like to get them in black. I started browsing through the FAQ and many of the handlebar links to the forum with pics didn't work anymore.

Btw, the mirrors are not to my liking as well and will be removed as well.

Attachments

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,879 Posts
Sorry I missed this post.

As it happens I just posted some brands with dimensions, many are not available, but it might provide search criteria:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just fyi, I recently ordered and received a set of Baron Radius drag bars from Dennis Kirk so they are still available as an option. I just got them back from being powder coated and they look awesome in black. I can't speak to the comfort of them as this will be a winter time project internally wiring them (Not looking forward to it) but they seem to have great reviews!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I met with the guy today and sat on his bike. These were the bars. I just have to find what matches it.
Those look the same as mine.
Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Motorcycle
Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Window
They are roughly 34" tip to tip.
They do not touch the tank.
The two uprights are 8" long and appear to pull back 3".
Interestingly from the right hand bend to tip is 13" and left side bend to tip is 13 3/4".
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
see the last two end pics. Seemed strange it was set up like this but don't notice when riding.
Drawing a line between the Position of the hands when riding, line cross sections bottom third of fuel cap closest to rider.
Just over 6 foot and comfortable for me.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bumper Motor vehicle Vehicle brake
Check out Burleigh Bars Australia.
They make a great product.
These are a fat bat....don't know what brand these are but being in Aus I'd hazard a guess they are stock or bought here in Aus.
Hope this helps
Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle accessory Crankset Bicycle part

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a dealer with a set of bars with these specs.
– Thickness: 1.50″ in. Tapers down at handlebars.
– Width: 31.5″ in.
– Pullback (depth): 7″ in.
– Rise (height): 7″ in
–100mm on center

Should these clear the tank?

·
Registered
03 warrior, 02 warrior, and counting ;)
15 Posts
These are on one of my warriors and are a little wider (think it's actually because of the grips and taper). You can see there's not much room but they do clear.
-Thickness: 1.5"
-Width: 34"
-Pullback: 7"
-Rise 7"
-100mm on center

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw you were talking to evilrider about this in another thread but thought my opinion on this was better served here. Unless you're set on dragbars and know they will be comfy for you, I agree with him on using risers because it does give you many more options for available bars and adjustability. With drag bars you are stuck with the rise and pullback you buy. I think you're like me, a little late to the warrior party and you're learning how difficult it can be to find things for our bikes. Although you can, you don't have to change your risers to change your bars. Most 1" bars work fine on a warrior. I bought a set of zbars from demons cycle for my other warrior (which they claimed are made for Harleys and won't work on a metric bike :rolleyes:) It took me a few rides to adjust them to my sweet spot but I love em. Don't get me wrong. The drag bars on my yellow warrior are nice but riding position is very different between my 2 warriors (forward controls and a different seat). I posted pics in my welcome mat thread if you want to see the zbars

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi [email protected]

"I think you're like me, a little late to the warrior party and you're learning how difficult it can be to find things for our bikes."

Plus 1.

It's amazing what I don't know until I know, I don't know. Done a bunch of research on how to measure bars, different types of bars and watched some install vids.
Lowbrow and other videos in amongst the Hugh learning curve I am now on.

So I now believe after re-measuring my set, that I have the same set as yours.

Are you calling the set pictured above drag bars or T bars?

I was particularly interested in how the risers are attached because I could visually see without measuring that they looked like they were a little 'bent' (probably not the right description) toward the clutch side of the bike when looking from the front.
So I measured the risers and sure enough the right side riser is about 1.5mm taller.

I'm not seeking perfection and the bike rides sweet but I am going over this machine with a critical and with a view to learning as much as I can. I guess I get this from flying gyroplanes for 15 years, where you are responsible for your own pre-flights and personal safety.
Am I being to pedantic? Thoughts if you have the time.

Apologies @Hellmount, not meaning to high jack your thread. I too might be looking at new bars.

Cheers
Rocksfly

·
Registered
15 Posts
To me any bars that are straight are drag bars rise or not but I think most people do call those tbars.

The bars are attached with a bolt through the triple trees with a rubber bushing. 1.5mm height difference could just be in the bushings. Maybe one is cranked down a little more than the other.

Too pedantic? Had to look that up to even know what you were asking lol. The only answer I have for that is beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
52 Posts
To me any bars that are straight are drag bars rise or not but I think most people do call those tbars.

The bars are attached with a bolt through the triple trees with a rubber bushing. 1.5mm height difference could just be in the bushings. Maybe one is cranked down a little more than the other.

Too pedantic? Had to look that up to even know what you were asking lol. The only answer I have for that is beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
LOL!!
Good info thanks mate.
I recently discovered via a Lowbrow video how they are attached though your explanation is a great help.
Cheers
Rocksfly.

·
Registered
09 RSW. Ivan’s tune, Churchkey Vbak, AIS block off, Magnatec coils, Custom slip on, chopped rear.
433 Posts
There’s a company in California called Flanders Co and they sell many styles of bars.

I agree with getting risers as they give you more adjustments.
I went with the ROX risers that pivot forward and backwards.

Font Material property Camera accessory Bicycle part Personal protective equipment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts