RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking in to Cobra Power Pro tuner worth it or should i got with ivan or something else??? Really dont wanna mess with tuning personality prefer auto tune option ...

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Cobra works great, lots of trouble free miles and no hassle. Ivan's flash is a different animal, still might need a tuner unless your bike is stock but it's also a terrific mod.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Very simple, essentially plug and play. Cobra web site has (I believe) instruction sheets as well as specs...

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
Nice looking hot rod.

Be sure to get the Cobra PowrPro CVT autotuner. Standard version is an awesome autotuner. The Black version adds wireless communication on-the-fly.

As California said, you are looking at two different units. I have both and its awesome.

Oh. Avoid all the other Cobra tuners. They don't deliver what this Beast requires. Only the autotuner units are of value, and they perform as well or better than anything else out there except a PC3USB-Ver2 or a PC5 but they both require mapping for every intake or exhaust change.

With just those pipes and stock intakes you could get the Ivans now. Then later when you get a Churchkey VBAK intake or other intake, you could get a fuel manager (like PC or CobraCVT).

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
Yes. I actually bought when the autotuner was introduced. There was a bug. Cobra amended the circuit board. Several of us went thru that, Cobra was awesome all the way. Pretty much everyone else got going fast, but mine had off-idle hesitation. It took a bit of testing but it finally dialed-in. Its real nice actually. Once everything was working, Cobra brought out the Black version. I have only seen positive reviews here. There's plenty of ink.

When I later added Ivans, oh man its incredible.

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
Nope. That is not how it works.
The stock Engine Control Unit (ECU) runs the motor and listens to sensors etc. plus the factory fuel map resides in the ECU. Ivan modifies some of the ECU motor-control parameters so the motor runs far more powerfully. He in effect removes the de-tuning.

Separate from the ECU, Fuel Managers piggy-back onto the ECU modifying only the ECU fuel map. Ivan does not modify the ECU fuel map because everyone likes different exhausts and motor mods.

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
In your case, that exhaust will not have its full effect because the bike still has the stock intake. Like I said you can do Ivans first. If you plan to go with a power commander then Ivan will include a basic map for you to install on the power commander, then you tweak it to make power. If you plan to go CobraCVT then of course no map/tweaking is needed.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I suggest all of them eventually. Ivans is pretty much independent of the others so it is a great first choice. My old '04 had pipes and a PCIII when I bought it. I got Ivan's ECU flash first and then the Big Air intake. It was a great bike, RIP.

The Cobra CVT arizonawarrior posted about autotunes, so is a great choice if you plan to change more. You can do that with the PCV or Dynatek Fusion and the Dynojet Power Commander AutoTune or Dynatek Dyna Tune Kit also, but it costs more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kool well its my first bike so dont know much about it.That being said Thx for ur time n effort

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
I realize Ivan says most bikes do not need a fuel manager. Mine 100% did. I disconnected my fuel manager when my Ivans arrived. It would not perform without one. I plugged the Cobra CVT back in. It all worked out.

I think a higher percentage of members here are likely to do motor mods that change air:fuel ratio enough to need a fuel manager. If others have found differently then its important to just say it so please post your findings too, because more info always leads to better solutions and more hot rod Warriors out there! I can only speak to my results for my mods and geographic locations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JsaintX, I just installed PowrPro this morning in about 5 minutes. I got mine off DennisKirk for $418, seems to be the cheaper end of the interwebs pricing. Unless you score on ebay or something. They're super nice and very security minded, they actually called me after I ordered to make sure it in fact was me that ordered lol. The install is idiot-proof, with pictures exactly where it needs to go and plug in. My only problem is getting the tuner to pair with the app. What seems to be is a common problem is it asks for a bluetooth pairing code and neither of the suggestions work (1234 or 0000). Currently researching fixes. Happy riding friend. Feel free to DM me if you're curious how it's running.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts