RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a thought,
my bike was a brand new, leftover, 2002 model, when i purchased it on, december, 8th, 2003. it now has 40 miles on it.

the nhtsa(?), claims that the recall was issued in oct., or nov.?

seems kinda convienient for yamaha to keep it quiet, as long as they can, so there dealers can get rid of as many leftovers, at premium prices, as possible!

i would never have paid premium price for a 2002 had i known about the recall, as i am sure, no one else will either.

i would be willing to bet, that if someone had'nt stumbled upon it, we still, wouldnt have been informed! at least, not as long as dealers have leftovers sitting on the floor!

would you agree, that i, and others, who purchased 02, or 03's, after the recall, have been subject to questionable sales practices, and therefore be entitled to a discount, or at least a new bike?

i also feel that yamaha should be held accountable for said sales practices. if this means class action lawsuit, so be it!

thank you for listening, your comments, - or + will be appreciated. thankyou, gary

·
Registered
339 Posts
It seems like a real kick in the pants that the lemon law covers by year and not be time of purchase. I mean, if you purchase a new bike off the show room floor and it's a leftover it should still be covered as NEW under the lemon law. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
bkr - I would have my a(( right back in that dealers office yelling to the high heavens. Something along the lines of "you can either make this right and apply the WHOLE purchase price towards an -04, or I can promise you that you will lose at least the value of this bike in future sales as I stand in your showroom and tell everyone that you sold a bike that had a 2 month old safety defect."

Wow. That IS A harsh one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bkrintraining

just a thought,
my bike was a brand new, leftover, 2002 model, when i purchased it on, december, 8th, 2003. it now has 40 miles on it.

the nhtsa(?), claims that the recall was issued in oct., or nov.?

I read that the recall for the Warrior was issued by NHTSA on 8/22/2003. Obviously, the manufacturer knew about the defective parts far before your purchase. The dealers SHOULD HAVE KNOWN as well (if Yamaha informed them).

There is another thread regarding the class action suit. I wish there were another way to help Yamaha "see the light," but I don't think there is one. Our bikes will probably all be repaired before the law suit reaches its final conclusion. But that is not the point. The point is that Yamaha is going to be brought into a forum to face its responsibilities and be forced into a fair and just compensation agreement for the Warrior and Roadstar owners.

Remember, please (everyone), the word compensation does not mean cash necessarily. It can mean an extended mileage warranty, a discount on parts purchases, a new engine, a new bike, etc., etc. Compensation is the payment with something of value.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would have raised ****, but i want the bike, and i have alredy put about 2000 into upgrades already, on top of that, the sheet metal is at the artists, being painted!
this is horseS$%^ having to wait on parts. i am leaving for daytona on thursday, and now i dont even have a bike!
i was going to ride anyway, but after i heard others had trouble, i dont want to chance it. i am calling the dealer, (who assured me would have the parts in time to fix before i went to daytona)!! and telling him, i understand its not his fault, but i will have a bike by thursday morning, i dont care if they have to loan me one, or i have to rent one. and i want at least 1000.00 back, **** they wouldnt even order hcpistons, from yamaha, without me paying in full first!! im sure ill probably be told to stuff it, but thats ok, after i pay 2000 to rent a harly for two weeks, i will contact an attorney, and sue there asses off!

·
Registered
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bkrintraining

. . . after i pay 2000 to rent a harly for two weeks, i will contact an attorney, and sue there asses off!

You might want to join the Class Action Suit, if you haven't already. You might want to mention your dealership experience in your correspondence. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That is really bad. I would assume that the dealer did not know about the recall, give them the benefit of the doubt, but It is definitely Yamahas responsibility and they should do something for you in this situation: even if its just a loan bike for a few months.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
talked to dealer today, no dice, they told me to contact yamaha.
will not give out a loaner, without yamaha's sayso, in other words, eat S$%^, and die!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my warrior in oct. 2003. I bought a 2002 leftover (new),but still don't you think that the dealership has a responsiblity to warn you of a safety recall? If they knew about it that is like saying to the customer"Give me ten grand and go kill yourself because the manufacturer says it is unsafe to ride. So long sucker"!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nothing like beating a dead horse but it's all on Yamaha Corp. I talked with a local dealer in depth about this recall and they did not believe me. After I directed them to our site the service manager spent an hour on the phone with Yamaha Corp. That's how he found out about the Warrior recall. The point is that Yamaha did not inform their dealers.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Sure a dealer has a responsibility to warn you of a safety recall. But then again, there are dealers that learned of the recall from us.

I went to one dealer (not mine) two weeks ago, told him about the recall, he went on the computer searched Yami right in front of me and said no info there, I was mistaken. I had the pdf from this site faxed to him and showed him he is wrong. This has taught me to research before I purchase and not rely on a salesman or dealer to do it for me.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Sure a dealer has a responsibility to warn you of a safety recall. But then again, there are dealers that learned of the recall from us.

I went to one dealer (not mine) two weeks ago, told him about the recall, he went on the computer searched Yami right in front of me and said no info there, I was mistaken. I had the pdf from this site faxed to him and showed him he is wrong. This has taught me to research before I purchase and not rely on a salesman or dealer to do it for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts