RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard a couple things about the warrior and just wanted to find out from owners. does the bike heat up alot when sitting in traffic and will it develope a head knock over time cause its air cooled not liquid cooled

·
Registered
355 Posts
I live in Miami and ride in the summer, stop and go traffic, short trips and long trips in the heat and it runs flawlessly. Id suggest running synthetic though. Get the bike, you wont be regret it!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Sure it does get hot in heavy stop & go traffic but then again so do all air cooled motorbikes. You can get an oil cooler which will help, some members have done this mod. I haven't heard of any head knocking problems with the Warrior yet though.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Ryan,

I see you live in Va. Beach...I live on the other side of the water, not to far from you...In Hampton to be exact!

Anyway...I haven't had any problems with my Warrior getting too hot...Although it's good for picking up HOT chicks...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Just kidding![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Ok...I'm not kidding about the HOT chicks, but I don't try to pick any of them up. Being happily married and all...[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

The motor will get a bit hot when sitting in traffic, but I haven't had any problem with it getting too hot where it caused an engine problem. Or the "check engine" light to come on...The hottest it probably got was when I was down in Myrtle Beach for Bike Week last year and we were in heavy stop & go traffic. Definitely felt the heat coming off the motor on my legs...My buddy had an oil temp gauge on his Victory Hammer and it's an air-cooled motor. The oil temp never got into the danger or red zone and his got as hot as mine did. So I figured I was save...

As for the head knock over time because it's an air-cooled motor...Never heard of anyone having that problem...My Warrior is an 2005 with almost 7,000 miles on it and it never experienced any head knocks. And I run Yamalube Performance All Purpose 10W-40 oil...I'll probably switch to the synthetic oil after a break the 8,000 mile mark.

Since owning my Warrior I have never had any real problems with it...I did have one of my coil wires come loose one time, but that was nothing major. There was a couple of recalls on it...The pick-up coil or CPS (Crank Position Sensor) and the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). I believe the newer Warriors don't have those problems and even those weren't anything major. At least in my opinion...

I believe every bike has some kind of issue or two...And of course there are the pros and cons for every bike. It basically depends on what YOU are looking for in a bike. I chose the Warrior after searching for almost 2-1/2 years and doing research on just about every bike there was available. From Harley-Davidson, to Honda, to Kawasaki, to Suzuki, to Victory and even the custom-built models. Once I narrowed it down to the two choices which was the Honda VTX1800 and the Yamaha Road Star Warrior. After test riding and comparing the two side-by-side, I knew the Warrior was the bike for me.

The Warrior has style (Not another bike out there even comes close to looking as good as the Warrior...In my opinion...). It has good power in stock form and has options of adding more power. Heck! Just switching out the exhaust and adding a big air kit will increase the power pretty good. And if that's not enough for you...Then go with the 108 or 110 cu. in. engine kit. Or even slap a turbocharger on that bad boy...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Or you can add a N20 kit for instance horsepower at the push of a button...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

The Warrior is also pretty comfortable to ride, but you may have to move the controls and switch out the handlebars and even find a different seat to suit you. But it depends on your height, reach and weight...And there's a lot of options out there...I'm 6'-1", 200 lbs. and the the stock seat is good for me, as are the position of the controls. I do have the Yamaha Mini-Floor Boards, instead of the stock foot pegs. But they bolt on in the same location...My bars are the Yamaha Double FAT "T" bars...They pull back a little farther then the stock bars and I like them.

And you just can't beat the looks of the Warrior...There's nothing sweeter and finer looking than a lowered Warrior with a FAT rear tire. I get numerous compliments on my Warrior all the time. I mean sitting at stop lights, pulling into a parking lot, hanging out at some of the biker events and rides. It's unbelievable at times...And of course you always got a few Harley riders who will make some [email protected] comment, but I usually don't pay them any mind. In my opinion their just jealous because my bike is getting more attention then theirs.

Oh...And did I mention the HOT chicks!?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

For handling...The Warrior can crave through the twisties and curves almost as good as some of the sport bikes. This thing will out ride most any other cruiser out there. She's a sport bike in cruiser form...

Well to sum it all up...I can honestly say that I have never regretted getting my Warrior. Overall I am quite happy with it...I still find myself sneaking out to the garage just to look at her. She's just too sweeeeeeeeeeet![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Anyway if you decide you want to get a Warrior...Let me know...I can hook you up at Casey Cycle City on a good deal. I know all those guys and gals up there...My brother and I been racing for them for almost 19 years. I'd be more than happy to meet you up there...And I'm sure you'll found all the answers to any of questions here...And I'd be more than happy to help you out, if I can...Plus there are a couple of other Warrior owners who live in Va. Beach, as well. Great bunch of guys!

So welcome to the forums! And hope to see you around...On a Warrior hopefully...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

If by chance you should see this Warrior riding down the road or sitting in a parking lot. I'll either be on it or close by...

Later dude!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Thera is a ton of information on the air cooling of the warrior on this site. A quick search will keep you reading for quite a while. Now just buy it, yoou won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
no knocking from mine after 7000 miles and mine hasn't gotten any hotter than the liquid cooled sportbike that i also ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had a few bikes in my time, and I have to say that the Warrior is the best one I've owned yet.

Haven't had any problems with knocking or overheating.

Go get it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have owned several bikes, including HD and sportbikes. After a ton of research I bought the Warrior. I think I have finally found the bike I have been searching for all along!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Welcome! Madman sumed it up pretty good. Hes pretty knowledgeable about warrior. Hope you decide on getting the warrior.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kichigai

Welcome! Madman sumed it up pretty good. Hes pretty knowledgeable about warrior. Hope you decide on getting the warrior.

Yeah! kichigai is right...And he knows a lot about the Warrior too, so don't be fooled. Even though he rides a RED Warrior, he ain't all that bad. One day I hope to have the chance to be honored to meet him and ride along beside him. Now that would be a sight to see...A RED Warrior and a MIDNIGHT Warrior riding along side-by-side.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][^]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to 4m, if you enjoy all out excelleration off the line its a must have. No problem with my 05 I live in socal.[8D]

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
That is so cute Madman!
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

quote:Originally posted by kichigai

Yeah! kichigai is right...And he knows a lot about the Warrior too, so don't be fooled. Even though he rides a RED Warrior, he ain't all that bad. One day I hope to have the chance to be honored to meet him and ride along beside him. Now that would be a sight to see...A RED Warrior and a MIDNIGHT Warrior riding along side-by-side.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][^]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've personally witnessed this head knock phenomena many times. It's all the guys who just bought something else, knocking their heads against the pavement. It sounds like this: **** it/clunk, damnit/knock, damnit/thud (why didn't I buy a Warrior). Just do it. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts