RS Warrior Forum banner

Thinking about buying

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  OSUX 
#1 ·
As I have previously posted I am new to the forum and do not currently own a warrior as of yet, but there is a dealer here near town that is offering 3 02' brand new warriors for $9999 this includes all fees except for licensing. Is this good? They have the purple color, red( with after market exhaust, and some sort of hyper charger on it? not exactly sure what was meant), and a grey one all are new as I said I am looking for advice as to what you think is the best looking color? How much is it to get the color changed i.e. repainted? is the add on Pipe and Hyper charger worth it? I am sure it will be a little more for this bike. Let me know some info.

Thank you in advance,

DG

#2 ·
Given that you do not have sales tax in oregan, he is giving you the bike for $9999+fees. I pretty much got the same deal. This is a safe deal. You cannot do much better out west. Check the link below, the bike did not sell and he told me an email that he would let go of it for $12750, its a lot of bike for that money. If you don't mind making ht trip or shipping the bike, I would get this... but to each his own, you are getting a giid deal... If he is giving you this price with the pipe on it, then its agreat deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400004500&category=6718

#4 ·
Color is just a matter of personal choice. I didn't give a rats butt what color I got I just wanted the bike. Called three dealers before I found one & it was 90 miles away. You could always have your significant other pick the color.

Takes about an hour to change the tin for a color change.

New tin from Yammie is about a grand. You might be able to get yours painted for a little less if its just a straight color job without artwork.

Slip on mufflers run 300 to 500.

FIgure 300 as an average hyper charger (air filter) change, dunno what kind it is.

IMIHO,(in my humble opinion)10K out the door & ride it home is a good price. I have seen some around 8500 or so but shipping etc was added to it. Those came from a dealer in Indiana, Max Pitts I think.

There were no deals in Dec 01 when I got mine & I paid MSRP.

CK

#8 ·
Id really Love to pay mere $ 12,000 and have a warrior...

In my country, i have to pay $ 16,800.
Also, i just paid $ 2,500 for preorder, and i have to wait until april for
my warrior... [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

i hate to pay so much and wait that long, but its the only way...
also, its gonna be the first warrior int he country !

#13 ·
10 k is about what I paid, but watch out for the add ons. I got v&h pipes with mine, two new helmets, another seat (looks really good in my closet, I like the stock one better now), Some high dollar neato blinkers, extended warranty, and paid setup charges with out really knowing what it was. But MAN!!! one test ride and I had to have it.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Taxes license and everything 13+K out the door. Now mama has to go to work[B)]
Clyde

#15 ·
Thank you for the help I am going up to Power Yamaha tomorrow(Tuesday)after class gets out to make some final decisions. Any recomendations on who to finance through? any extended waranties? or any other decisions that are made at signing.

#17 ·
I went to Power Yamaha today. I picked out the Titanium one as my first choice my main reasoning for going there was to speak with there finance department and see where I needed to go what I qualified for and all that jazz. I sounds as if I put 1300 down towards the $9999 and 3k in accesories and labor for a total of $13000 I will be able to get 5.25% interest and payments around $220/month I am not sure whom this is through. They said another option is to put no money down and get 12.79% and pay about 260/month. I like the first option but need to rack together a little extra cash. I asked the guy about the Yamaha financing he seemed to not like them for some reason he said that they were "to much like a credit card" in that all money first pays off interest and none to the principal untill that is gone. Is there any ideas out there on who to finance through? Is the Yamaha finance a bad idea? Here are some specifics on me incase it helps.

I am 22 have a credit rating of 738, only one ticket ever,have $22,000 out remaining on my 32,000 loan for my car I make plenty of money to affoard this even though I am a college student but this is my early graduation present to myself. I am just looking for some help.

Also how much is your insurance i got quoted today buy State Farm at $990 a year my father only pays 250 a year for his 02' RoadKing Classic. Let me know

DG

#18 ·
I went to Power Yamaha today. I picked out the Titanium one as my first choice my main reasoning for going there was to speak with there finance department and see where I needed to go what I qualified for and all that jazz. I sounds as if I put 1300 down towards the $9999 and 3k in accesories and labor for a total of $13000 I will be able to get 5.25% interest and payments around $220/month I am not sure whom this is through. They said another option is to put no money down and get 12.79% and pay about 260/month. I like the first option but need to rack together a little extra cash. I asked the guy about the Yamaha financing he seemed to not like them for some reason he said that they were "to much like a credit card" in that all money first pays off interest and none to the principal untill that is gone. Is there any ideas out there on who to finance through? Is the Yamaha finance a bad idea? Here are some specifics on me incase it helps.

I am 22 have a credit rating of 738, only one ticket ever,have $22,000 out remaining on my 32,000 loan for my car I make plenty of money to affoard this even though I am a college student but this is my early graduation present to myself. I am just looking for some help.

Also how much is your insurance i got quoted today buy State Farm at $990 a year my father only pays 250 a year for his 02' RoadKing Classic. Let me know

DG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.