RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I am thinking about putting a lowering kit on my warrior... Is there any good\bad point on doing this? Also, does anyone have any pics of their warrior with a lowering kit?

thanks all for your help

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
good- looks killer
- costs $90 (PCS kit)
- easy install

bad- youll scrape
- you may gouge 'lines' in your rear tire when riding 2-up

i did it- and i would do it again.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Do search for flip and grind.( don't even have to remove rear wheel )
Cost...your time
looks...great
fun...peg scrapes
bad...none that I know of.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've done both the flip and grind and a PCS kit. Can't ride two-up but looks great. It will scrap but thats half the fun of it.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
This bike scrapes easy when it is at stock ride height. It will scrape a LOT sooner once it is lowered.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
put the C/I lift&lowering kit on mine and yes you will scrape a lot sooner changeing the screws under the foot pegs more often

·
Registered
285 Posts
IMO, a stock warrior has the bare minimum of ground clearence that I need in a motorcycle. I scrape the pegs every day, and occasionally the Pro-Pipe too, and that's just on the way to work...[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] I can't imagine doing a mod that would make an iffy situation worse. If you are just cruising around, lower away. If you like to ride hard, don't do it... Just my $.02...

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
If you lower your bike, I'd recommend you not do it until after you've ridden it for at least 4-5 months. I wasn't scraping much at all with my bike when I first got it, but as I rode it my confidence built and I started to lean into the turns more and take them faster. I lowered my bike very soon after I got it, and found out pretty quickly that my riding style and a lowering kit don't go well together. My bike is raised up higher than stock now and I still scrape the pegs every now and then when going through a turn aggressively.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I bought the Warrior because I wanted a bike that handled well for a cruiser. By lowering it you lose the ground clearance which IMHO defeats the object. Mind you it does look cool.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Had mine lowered and added the 1000# spring. I could ride two up and it never bottomed out. But I would scrape pegs on tight turns with just me riding.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Being a tad short in the leg dept I had difficulty "walking" the bike and manouvering it. I fitted the lowering kit and the 1klb spring. It has made a big difference in manouvering the bike as I can now put both feet flat on the floor. However, I have to keep in the back of my mind about grinding out the pegs on sharpish bends and roundabouts. Thinking about putting some titanium tips under the pegs. Should scare the crap outta anybody following when those sparks fly!!!!
Can ride two up with all gear (bags etc), I just wind up the spring compression to stiffen it.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
quote:does anyone have any pics of their warrior with a lowering kit?

Orient Express lowering AND the flip and grind.

I apologise for the lousy pic.

Insert Image:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts