RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been speaking to a couple of Ozzy users and we have come up with the idea of putting an Australian front paged on then linked to rswarrior.com we would use www.rswarrior.com.au as the address and then link straight to this site for all the forums and info wot is your oppinion on the idea this is so we can hopefully increase the ozzy membership and for some ozzy advertisement content only on our front page all other forums info and pics would be as per is site.
Carknee if you want to PM me on this topic
THE WIZ

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just an idea but I have setup a Warrior UK news group http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Warrior) to try and organise local stuff, that might suit you - its not much more than a glorified email list but thats all us UK folk probably need.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What an excellant idea, it would be it was my idea! You never know you might find another warrior within 1000 Kms of you! How is the page design going? Good on Ya Wiz

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Idea Oliver...just was just thinking I didn't want to take the forum aspect away from this site. Heres another Idea maybe this site could open up another forum group called something like lOCAL CONTENT under the the GENERAL FORUMS group similar to the RIDE CLUB group. Wot do you think ??? one for UK, one for Aust etc etc.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
We have mentioned to carknee that it is difficult to organise local stuff but he didn't come up with any options

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I can create an "International Ride Club" Forum for all you guys outside the States.

As for a different home page...
This site will be running on its own server this week (hopefully) so purchasing different domains and hosting them is not a problem for me. The one problem I see with doing this is that I will not be able to come up with region specific content on my own. If you guys wanted to supply content for the different regions that is fine with me.

Email me the ideas you have and I will look them over. Right now I am still trying to catch up with all the emails from when I was gone, and still trying to get the new server up and running.

CarKnee

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
An 'International Ride Club' is a good idea but I think we would still suffer the same problems: posts getting bumped off the active list too quick. A 'UK Ride Club', 'Australian Ride Club', 'German Ride Club' etc. would be much better but would obviously clutter everything up really badly for everyone. The other thing is that it isn't just for meets, its also to try and source parts and fix problems at the local level.

I'm not really bothered about a regional home page, but I suppose you could use each users country (as in the profile) to provide localised content i.e. display the appropriate local forum in addition to the main list in the 'forums' area and in 'active topics'.

I have no idea how this portal works or what options are available, any further ideas CarKnee?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
..... just been thinking .... having country specific forums could be really useful for Warriors who are travelling, i.e. if somone from the US is visiting the UK and wants info/support/accomodation this would be a good way to get the attention of the local people.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
It's an excellent idea, International Ride Forum or whatever. I often have questions to ask that are very UK specific but do not want to clutter up the site so I normally do not bother. A designated forum where the International Warrior Riders can go to obtain Country specific information, dealers, spare parts, events & shows and so on, is an excellent idea.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I thought the idea was simple! Me of zero computer knowledge! I have sown the seed and I'll sit back and let all you tech heads sort out the best way forward. I was just looking for a way to group people in local areas so they can communicate on a localised level whilst not seperating from the best information source on warriors, RSWARRIOR.COM.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Sparky_WA

I thought the idea was simple! Me of zero computer knowledge! I have sown the seed and I'll sit back and let all you tech heads sort out the best way forward. I was just looking for a way to group people in local areas so they can communicate on a localised level whilst not seperating from the best information source on warriors, RSWARRIOR.COM.

I think that it's a great idea and really hope that Carknee can pull this one off.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your've got my vote Sparky..This is a great idea...well I suppose we can leave it up to Sean to make the groups or post how he would perceive how It would work. And yes Neil I am working on a front page for Aust...Ow by the way, we should all thank Sean for all the hard work he puts into this site, we all appreciate it...THANKS MATE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts