RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the warrior yesterday because I have not started her up in three weeks. Even though I just ordered some new parts (end cap for the propipe and a baffle) for her I don't know when I will be riding her again. Somebody could proabably get a really good deal on a warrior right now because I am having trouble taking care of two bikes right now. It is not a money thing but a time thing she needs the oil changed right now I just don't have the time to do it. She also needs to have the pc3 thingy done but I haven't found time to have that done either (I can build motors but I cannot do wiring). At this point I don't know what I need to do? I will either sell it or order chrome wheels so that when she sits in the garage she will at least look pretty. Whats a brother to do? I know that this post want get the attention that the unofficial president poll is getting but a little advice would be greatly appreciated. I expect at least 25 responses before lunch so get typing!

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
AH---just flip a coin. One side is for chrome wheels the other side is for a call to the cadfather, he wanted to write you a check for your bike just a short time ago.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
You know what I would say! Don't sell your Warrior! Why don't you take it to the dealer? My dealer only charges me $60 for an oil change. I think dropping 60-80 bucks is a lotbetter than selling the bike..... Then again if you don't ride it anymore......

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Churchkey said:
AH---just flip a coin. One side is for chrome wheels the other side is for a call to the cadfather, he wanted to write you a check for your bike just a short time ago.
I might do that but if I keep her she needs to come to your place for a little work.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Princess said:
You know what I would say! Don't sell your Warrior! Why don't you take it to the dealer? My dealer only charges me $60 for an oil change. I think dropping 60-80 bucks is a lotbetter than selling the bike..... Then again if you don't ride it anymore......
The oil problewm with going to the dealer is that the nearest dealer is 30 miles away. By the time I ride up there I could have changed it myself. I guess in all honesty it time is part of the problembut so is the desire for an FZ1.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Preacherman said:
I was looking at the warrior yesterday because I have not started her up in three weeks. Even though I just ordered some new parts (end cap for the propipe and a baffle) for her I don't know when I will be riding her again. Somebody could proabably get a really good deal on a warrior right now because I am having trouble taking care of two bikes right now. It is not a money thing but a time thing she needs the oil changed right now I just don't have the time to do it. She also needs to have the pc3 thingy done but I haven't found time to have that done either (I can build motors but I cannot do wiring). At this point I don't know what I need to do? I will either sell it or order chrome wheels so that when she sits in the garage she will at least look pretty. Whats a brother to do? I know that this post want get the attention that the unofficial president poll is getting but a little advice would be greatly appreciated. I expect at least 25 responses before lunch so get typing!

WHAT????? Just sell the FJR and, both me and you, go get us two new VMax's.What do you say????

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Wow Preacherman, whatever you do, don't sink more money into your Warrior by ordering up some chrome wheels! Sell the Feejer (you will get more), keep the Warrior until you find the right FZ1....you know you HAVE to have an FZ1 FZ1 FZ1 FZ1

For sure the mighty Warrior is a fabulous beast, I've had 2, but there is a reason it is being neglected by you.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You seem to keep going back to the idea of getting rid of the Warrior Preach... maybe it's time but I sure hope you don't regret it later. If it's about not having time for two bikes then I'm not sure what good trading in the Warrior for an FZ1 would do if you kept the FJ. Sounds like you're bored with it though and looking for a change so maybe you really should do it this time especially if you already have a buyer lined up? I'm thinking I'll sell mine now and if I had a standing offer I'm pretty sure it would be gone already.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
So, do I make the check out to you or your lovely wife?

·
Registered
433 Posts
To own a Warrior is to lovea bike if you sell it you WILL miss her and as I have found out sometimes it's very hard to replace things at a latter date. Use Sta-bil when not riding her and just keep the Warrior. She's not happy with you either but she still keeps you.lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey there Bro! I will ride with ya on whatever you get. I need something else myself. I say dont spend anymore money on it and get whatever you feel will fit your style. I thought the Warrior was the perfect bike for me, just the name alone went with all my tatts. But that's not the case. I dont enjoy it as I should as I am a real cruiser. I want to lean Back and see the world without all that **** noise from the pipes! LOL I was thinking of a convert. BMW or something that i could take my kids in through the mountains. The warrior is easy to outgrow so go with your heart brother. The people on here are cool or I wouldnt even log in anymore. Take care Preacherman!

Bill

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
No matter what you do Randy you know you would always be welcomed on the site...though you would be a back stabbing , no Warrior riding squid. LOL
But then again you lived with us teasing you on the FJ. I know what you mean on just watching her sit. I get very little riding on the '02 just due to most wont ride with me because it throws rocks like crazy and a slight twist and they are way behind. I've got to much invested in the '05 but I think if I get it in a couple shows and can get some wins, I will more then likely let it go. Do what the heart says.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If it's not a money thing, is there a bike you like the looks of better then the Warrior? I have not been on my baby for over three weeks but there is nothing out there I would rather have. Besides, do you divorce yourold ladyif you don't get laid for three weeks? You buy her flowers right? Get the chrome wheels and make her look parity!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Chrisltd said:
If it's not a money thing, is there a bike you like the looks of better then the Warrior? I have not been on my baby for over three weeks but there is nothing out there I would rather have. Besides, do you divorce your old lady if you don't get laid for three weeks? You buy her flowers right? Get the chrome wheels and make her look parity!
LOL, though not how I would have put it but good point.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Chrisltd said:
Besides, do you divorce yourold ladyif you don't get laid for three weeks? You buy her flowers right?

Oh heck no! Preacherman, If our girls stop giving us some love that long I say we strap em to our Warriors and send them off on a one way trip!

Just a thought!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know your dilemma, I purchased a liner last year to please the wife on long rides, its a fun bike but not a warrior. I have half tried to selling a few times but the market will not support the price the bike is worth. It is unbelievable what the mods add up to not to mention the labor I have done. So I get to have two bikes until someone realizes the value of the Warrior. If you have a buyer do not look a gift horse in the mouth. ButI still get a smile everytime I take the Warrior for a ride.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts