RS Warrior Forum banner

This guy looks familiar

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SiRaDuDe 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
For the record...

...I don't eat life cereal.

I am however having the problem of grinding my footpegs too often. I was wondering if it was because the forward controls (supreme legends) made it more prone for that, but from this pic it seems like I couldn't go much further without hitting the frame. Any thoughts?

On the Cherahala Skyway last weekend I was rounding a quick right hander while chasing after an fz1 andgot far enough into it that I started to feel the front tire go, but the rear still felt solid. I've noticed that I'm using the full range of tread on the front but still have about a 1/4 inch of rear tire that I'm not using as often. Nature of the beast or improper riding technique?

#4 ·
It is not very difficult to grind the pegs on the Warrior....in fact it is not very difficult to start grinding the peg mounts and the frame either.....especially when/if you are used to the lean angle of a sportbike or a sport touring bike. I let take my foot off the peg and let it fold, while I hold my leg forward ala supermoto, but still have a very small strip in the back. You really don't want to push it too much with the Warrior. The day that I finally retired my Warrior from canyon duties, I was fully leaned over in a corkscrew and and I hit a small bump and the frame/peg mount area hit the ground and threw the rear end off to the side.....definitely a sphincter shrinking situation. Bottom line, if you wanna chase other bikes that are not cruisers,get a sportbike...it will be much less "dramatic."

#5 ·
but but but....I luvded my warrior. I know it's not a sporty, but I'm always striving to improve my riding despite. My wife says I can only have one bike (understandibly in our financial situation) and it has to be one she's comfy on the back of. That means I keep the warrior. I think I'm gonna stiffen up the rear shock (I bottomed out with her on the back rounding a curve when I hit a bump yesterday) and that might help a little. The books I read are all about racing, so there are some things that I'm not sure how far they will appy to the Warrior. Like pressing the footpegs to drift the rear tire. How well would that work with forward controls on a cruiser? C'mon, we've got one of the best handling cruisers on the market, what do you guys do to get the maximum out of it?

#6 ·
OK, OK...wanna get the "maximum" out of the Warrior...

First get the 1000lb Eibach spring for the rear, then crank it way up to get a 40mm sag. Then you will realize that the stock shock is not gonna be able to handle that range and will bounce you around like a pogo stick. Now you get the Ohlin or any other performance rear shock w/ remote reservoir. Put a 190 michelin power pilot or pilot 2ct. Get some adjustable rear dog bones and raise the rear of the bike. You'll need a different exhaust that has a better clearance too. You're pretty much done with the rear, now get the R1 front end and have the springs set for your weight and the bike. At this point you could have bought a used sportbike with the money you spent to make the Warrior handle better.

At a minimum, the 1000lb spring will help.

#7 ·
^^Yea, yea, yea, just what he said.^^ Yea but why not put those upgrades on the warrior to make it "all it can be"? I have most of what you suggested. I just need a couple more and i can make the best handling cruiser the warrior, even better.
I'd rather put those upgrades on my warrior than get a used sport bike, just my .02 cents

#10 ·
How much do you want for the swamp land? Me and Mikey might be able to go in together and buy it.

And don't tell him how to go any faster.... He is already outgunning us oldeer type guys. I won't say who the other older type guy is.

Just yakidding WD.

#11 ·
jabo said:
And don't tell him how to go any faster.... He is already outgunning us oldeer type guys. I won't say who the other older type guy is.

Just yakidding WD.
Hey, Hey, I resemble that remark. Don't forget - Old Men Rule - If you don't believe me just ask Preacherman
He speaks from experience!!

Nice pictures too. Mikey. You should consider a snowmobile too!!!

#15 ·
RX_Warrior said:
I let take my foot off the peg and let it fold, while I hold my leg forward ala supermoto, but still have a very small strip in the back.

Would not want to scrape my nice Supreme Legends Pegs..... to much $$$ to have scrape!

To me it seems that your frame would scrape before the pegs will on your setup, unless you take and sharp turn into a highly inclined street.

I have the 3" Brakets on the New Supreme Legends and they might have scraped at that angle, enven though they are .5" higher..hmmm

I haven't scraped them yet but I've come close.... I just use my boot as a guage.

I use to scrape the stock pegs all the time, but those I dont care about scraping...

I'm currently talking to Bill at Supreme Legends to get a set of the old brackets to compare lean angle before scraping on the forward Controls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.