RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else out there is over this winter??? It's been a cold long snowy one for sure here in Cincinnati! I can't wait to get out and ride again! Looking forward to bike nights and warm weather again. I'm hoping to be more involved in the forum this coming year and finally get to meet some people!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'm with you Jason, it's been 3 weeks since I've had a fix. Too much snow, ice, rain, sand and salt on the roads.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 weeks. It's been about 6 for me. We had one semi warm day after a nice rain that cleared off the salt from the roads and I got about an hour in. Other than that, I haven't had a solid ride since November and even that ride was a chili one. Looking forward to some 80s! ha. Okay, I'll stop belly aching now. ha ha

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Ehh..i remember when I was a kid as nd we had winter...lol..This isn't too bad..but I'm ready for summer...bike rides and car cruises

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mplayer1

It's suppose to be 62 degrees in Denver on sunday so I may trailer my new (to me) 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe down off the mountain and take it for a ride! I had my warrior out jan 25th but I'd like to ride the strat since I've not been able to ride much since buying it at the end of january. Pray for sun to melt all the roads!

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
It's suppose to be 62 degrees in Denver on sunday so I may trailer my new (to me) 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe down off the mountain and take it for a ride! I had my warrior out jan 25th but I'd like to ride the strat since I've not been able to ride much since buying it at the end of january. Pray for sun to melt all the roads!
Melt all the roads may be too hot!:D Melt all the snow/ice I'm good with!:p

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i haven't even SEEN my bike in almost two months. very depressing. it's right out there in the shed, but we haven't had any snow, so no reason to get at the snow blower {which is good} but too cold and windy to even go stare at the bike. looks like 50 degrees this weekend though. finally ! ! ! i hope this is at least the beginning of something.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wind chills of -40s... over 30 days THIS year(2014) that have been before zero (F). It's been warmer in Anchorage Alaska! :mad: Last ride was Black Friday... WAY too long ago!!!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
donno if you guys caught this.....but it was 60 FREAKIN DEGREES YESTERDAY IN RUSSIA AT THE OLYMPIC DOWNHILL SKI AREA!!!!!!! WTFUNGOOL IS UP WITH THAT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think I seen grass a couple days ago, it looked to be more of a brown color, but then again that could have been mud like the rest of my yard. And my last ride was in October. I rode to the New River Gorge Bridge for bridge day.

Sent from myPhone

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard that these brutal winters are here to stay. Something about a change in the jet stream and how we (in the Ohio valley) will now see northerly winds a lot more often which will bring more subzero temps and a lot more snow than normal. To give an idea of what we've seen this year, we typically have an average of 22" of snow a year. This year we are over 43" and counting. We've even broken the record for the most snowfall in a year ever! Maybe it's time to buy a snowmobile? Ha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts