RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to getting a new saphire and silver warrior yesteday and joining you guys and yamaha denied me financing!!! Finally had the banker(my wife)on board and ready to buy and freakin yamaha shutterdown!!! Bastards! We have bought and been aprooved for all kinds of crap but when it came down to somethingI wanted..BAM..stone walled!!!OKAY..I feel better. You guys have a great site and Im goin back to lurking.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. You could always join some credit union, if you don't already belong to one, and try to get financing through them. They'll tell you exactly how much they will loan you, so that may decide whether or not you buy new or used. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Ah - to be young again and have my credit denied. God, I miss those days. My girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) and I eating dinner in 1984 at the best restaurant in Va. Beach - $100 dinner in those days was A LOT!!! Charging everything. Not caring. Spending money we didn't have!!

Then came reality. A mortgage, two boys, 2 trucks, a car, a bike, pay college fund, life insurance, health insurance, 401K, taxes, taxes, taxes, personal property tax, insurance, blah blah, yard work, home repairs, the Perma Treat prick, plumber, heating/AC thief, I mean guy - be happy you were denied. Go have a six pack and celebrate.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, all is not lost, wife is the assistant manager of our bank and I can "get" a loan but the payments may be abit steeper than the deal at yammi. JimB...how am I supposed to celebrate not getting a warrior?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Go pay cash for a used one, dont buy new...in 3 years, it'll only be worth about half of what you paid for it...

+1 on the credit union, I got my used bike at 4.75 percent...

Celebrate the fact that you wont be making bike payments for the next 7 years and wondering where your money went.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Vietz2

quote:Originally posted by JimB

Ah - to be young again and have my credit denied.

Ain't that the truth!

Speaking of being young... first bike I owned - a 1982 Honda Nighthawk. I was denied credit through the dealer, so said F#$% it and bought it with a VISA card! Drove it right the **** out of the showroom that day! Didn't even have a motorcycle license. Drove it across the street (in Virginia Beach) to the DMV. Back in those days, all you had to do was drive it around the parking lot once and you were in! I was even wearing shorts and a tank top! Flip flops maybe....

The birth of my legendary motorcycling career was born.

Ah... the good old days!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
You guys crack me up! Too funny! Sorry my friend about getting denied. Where there is a will, there is a way. Good luck!

·
Registered
395 Posts
credit schmedit always dred it. try secondary financing, a lot of the prime lenders are afraid to loan because of the federal laws prohibiting them from having too many foreclosed deals at the end. the secondary lenders are takin over cuz ppl pay there bills even though there late sometimes. the county is changing, less jobs to retire on, ppl very very careful about mortgages and the prime lenders need to catch up and george bush needs to wake up[V].

·
Registered
116 Posts
Right on 240Tall. You should be a lobbyist. +1 on the secondary or get a low interest credit card.
Try citibank. They will actually send you a check against your card!!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Don't despair! Everything happens for a reason! Who knows, it might have been fate that that day, a cell phone cager might not pay attention. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I guess it's George Bush's fault you didn't get the loan.

You just need to look around at different banks. The credit union is a good idea! That's where I got my loan. If you're a member they'll practically shove money at you!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 240tall

credit schmedit always dred it. try secondary financing, a lot of the prime lenders are afraid to loan because of the federal laws prohibiting them from having too many foreclosed deals at the end. the secondary lenders are takin over cuz ppl pay there bills even though there late sometimes. the county is changing, less jobs to retire on, ppl very very careful about mortgages and the prime lenders need to catch up and george bush needs to wake up[V].

Am I the only one scratching my head goin..... HUH?

Wow, I hope you're drunk....cause I don't even know where to begin hammering on this one.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bore_pig

I guess it's George Bush's fault you didn't get the loan.

You just need to look around at different banks. The credit union is a good idea! That's where I got my loan. If you're a member they'll practically shove money at you!

I agree.....even with the sarcasm!

The last vehicle I bought, I called the credit union and told them I wanted to buy a truck, they just asked how much the check needed to be for. When I picked it up and asked where I had to sign, they said they had all the info they needed on me and here's your check! That's service!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts