RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I have an update. Wifey says after baby is born in february I can get the warrior. Financing wont be a problem because she works at the bank and we can get employee interest rate. And STAY OFF DUB-YA! (George bush for everyone above kansas)

·
Registered
57 Posts
when I tried to get mine threw the dealer I was denied to they told me you need perfect credit because the banks lose there ass on wrecked bikes so i did as someone here said I went to my credit union and had the money the next day life is great

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here is a concept... if you can't afford a toy in cash you probably don't need the toy! Its harsh but it's the truth. Going into debt over something other than an appreciating asset or an emergency is a recipe for financial instability. Unless the interest charged on the loan is less than the rate of return you can get on the cash in an investment during the term of the loan of course. Don't mean to rant on this but it bothers me to see people consoling a guy who received a favor from the creditor who was covering his ass. Anyway... I understand your frustration but if you wait and save the money you will be ten times more proud and satisfied when you do get the Warrior... yes, when you get it. You can do it. Start a Warrior fund. Here is a link where you can learn a little about a great savings account that is paying a high interest rate compared to the national average.http://www.hsbcdirect.com/1/2/1/default/learn-more/osa?code=husa&HSBC_ad=personal/features/ban_savings.html&HSBC_ae=c&HSBC_au=1

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yamaha finance is generally the worst. IT's basically their own credit card where the interest rate is low for 2 years at most, so you $79/mo jumps to $200/mo from 7.9% to 20%.

I really want another bike too, but delayed gratification is such better spendification for your future financial satisfaction.

·
Registered
803 Posts
quote:Originally posted by boomstick

Well I have an update. Wifey says after baby is born in february I can get the warrior. Financing wont be a problem because she works at the bank and we can get employee interest rate. And STAY OFF DUB-YA! (George bush for everyone above kansas)

Congrats to you and your wife on the new baby.

The Warrior will be there when you are ready.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
My old Dad used to say "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again". If you want something bad enough you'll always get it in the end. Put a little by each week/month, do a little work on the side to improve your income, sell your body, oh and make your cash work for you by buying used and not new. Welcome to the forum and best of luck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
"Unless the interest charged on the loan is less than the rate of return you can get on the cash in an investment during the term of the loan of course." Paying Habib to fuel the pickup in my gallery vs. bike payment and fuel in the bike IS my financial return. 8-9mpg at 3 bucks a gallon is starting to sting.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Warriors get about 38 mpg. In the bike world - not good, in the truck world - outstanding!

I think your best route is to find a Warrior that is 1 year old or less. Get a used price but get "new" financing. This is what happened with my Warrior. I got my 2002 in 2003 for $8500 (2600 miles on it - I'm actually the >3rd< owner!). It's financed at 5% for 5 years. Payments are $175 a month. Just keep that in mind when you consider your payments for a NEW bike...

On a side note. The dinosaur extinction was Bush's fault too... *******...

·
Registered
581 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kichigai

I got my warrior financed thru Yamaha at 5.9% which is good for 72 monthes. I didnt think that was too bad!

that is awesome... we looked at Kawi's offer at marina and it was terrible.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
quote:Originally posted by boomstick

"Paying Habib to fuel the pickup.

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Search the net for older bikes that have been stuck in a crate. I found mine last year with zero miles and it's a 2002. I got it for 6900 from a dealer. Another option with respect to financing is if you have a credit union. You will have to come up with 10 to 20% down, but the will sometimes finance you when others won't. Good luck and stay away from the Vulcan. I have a couple of friends that have purchased Vulcans in the past year for way too much money and the are sick about getting burnt at the red lights by a guy on a $6900 bike.
On the other hand, they are big, bulky and slow so if that's what you're looking for...

Good luck, DK

21 - 40 of 40 Posts