RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all be it the 99-2001 r1 forks are of course, 5.1" travel (identical to the stock warrior)and the 02-03 forks are 4.7" travel.. ive yet to find an overall length of either weather they are on the ground or in the air...
My question for all you guys who have done the 2002-2003(or newer)r1 fork mod, do you notice any real difference in cornering ability in relation to the shorter travel/overall length? All together the02-03 forks are are less than a half an inch shorter, but i would like to knowyou experience andriding style. In comparison ilike to bite intocorners hard and im not afraid to drag thepegs, so to speak.

99-01 forks that are in good condition enough that id put them on my bikeare simply getting hard to find. Ive been looking for several months now!

All the help is appreciated,

Chris

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
02 & up are 7/8 shorter. If you need to retain stock ride height you could leave them down in the trees a bit. Installing them flush with the top tree = much faster turn in.You willeliminate most of the wallow & pushthat the stock units have.

Don't concern yourself with total travel, the comp & damp valving is good enough to keep from bottoming out unless your doing superman stunts off ramps or dirt hills.

Don't take my word for it I'm still learning to ride like niki hayden.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha.. well i cant say i havent had any air time on old betty... Thanks for the advice bro!

chris

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i guess ill find out soon enough how the forks feel.. weather permitting, and if my barnett ever comes in....

chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts