RS Warrior Forum banner

Threading Spark Plug

425 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  arizonawarrior 
#1 ·
Good afternoon family! Today I decided to change my spark plugs. As I began to thread the first one in, it gave some resistance. I didn't want to damage the plug by forsing it in, so I took it out. I then tried to thread it again and it wouldn't thread easily. The spark plugs I purchased are DPR7EIX-9 and stock NO. 7803. These are supposed to fit my Warrior, but one never knows. Could it be that I needed to accommodate the plug better?

#2 ·
Getting the plug to thread is difficult on the warrior with the tank and airbox on, but it can be done. They using a short length of hose slipped over the end of the plug to get it started

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Before removing a spark plug spray air or something around it to blow away any debris. A compressor, or can of keyboard air works. Or big lungs!

Local auto parts store has thread cleaning taps, gently clean threads only if needed.

The spark plug needs to be square to the hole, and alway start by hand (never force it with tools instead clean the threads instead).

DPR7EIX-9 = correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.