RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV1700PC
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Got my Warrior pretty well dialed in. Noticed a slight change in throttle response lately. Sometimes after decel into a lower gear or two and fully closing the throttle it will sort of cough a little when re-opening it. Not all the time and not real bad. Already did the CPS which cleaned it up considerably.

Just wondering if it might be the TPS needing replacing or adjusting and/or re-syncing the throttle bodies? Or maybe tweak my PCV map some more?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
No accelerator pumps in the throttle bodies = blipping the throttle will sometimes cause a hesitation or a sneeze (backfire) through the throttle bodies = set the hot idle speed to about 950 RPM. Hot idle is after the oil temp reaches operating temperature after a 10+ mile ride.
Luck

Reactions: jabo and MarkS01

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No accelerator pumps in the throttle bodies = blipping the throttle will sometimes cause a hesitation or a sneeze (backfire) through the throttle bodies = set the hot idle speed to about 950 RPM. Hot idle is after the oil temp reaches operating temperature after a 10+ mile ride.
Luck
Actually glad to hear it's a common issue and just another eccentricity of the bike.

Will do. If the problem persists might it help to add or take away a little gas at the 0-3% throttle ranges in the PCV map? I have Ivan's ECU flash.

·
Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
9,237 Posts
+1 with @Churchkey ...
I would discount your '07' Model Year TPS device being an issue! This model year has the improved P/N 5PX-85885-01-00 as Factory supply and was NOT entitled to USA factory recall by Yamaha.
I would expect you could massage your PCV map to improve this situation as have others
gl

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 with @Churchkey ...
I would discount your '07' Model Year TPS device being an issue! This model year has the improved P/N 5PX-85885-01-00 as Factory supply and was NOT entitled to USA factory recall by Yamaha.
I would expect you could massage your PCV map to improve this situation as have others
gl
Thanks Alan,

Would more or less fuel at the low throttle %'s help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts