RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i recently replaced my throttle cables to barnette steel braid. i am having trouble getting the throttle to twist back when the grip is turned. anyone have any tips for adjusting or any pointers. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
try rotating the whole throttle housing clockwise related to the center of the bike. mine did this and after days of sanding, grinding, whining, etc. i finally rotated the whole housing a bit and poof. you might have to remove the little tab that goes into the handle bars. i had replaced my handle bars with cp's, so the tab was already gone. you might also have to lubricate inside the cable, i would contact the manufacturer for THEIR recomendation for lube.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I would need more info on what has been done to the bike but... I'm assuming that you are using the same grips that you had before which had no sticking problems... or have already followed the above posts instructions...

If you have done a AIS/Air Box removal in the past... check to see if anything is obstructing but the throttle bodies moving of parts... this happened to me by a hanging sparkplug wire or even a hanging breather hose...

If all looks in it's place and nothing is impeding throttle body moving parts then check the cable for proper lubrication....

If you are still having problems check the routing of your cables for kinks/sharp turns or the like...

If you are still having problems the you will need the advice of someone smarter than me!...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
check your adjustment on the return throttle cable. Also check to see that both cables are on track on the wheel of the throttle bodies and the throttle grip.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
brb03 said:
hey guys. i recently replaced my throttle cables to barnette steel braid. i am having trouble getting the throttle to twist back when the grip is turned. anyone have any tips for adjusting or any pointers. thanks.
If only an R&R of cables was performedi suspect that the billet throttle grip is rubbing the end of the CP handlebar internally because it is bottomed out.

As i recall the CP bars don't have the index hole for thethrottle switch box housing (TSBH)and more then likely that nib was removed
... try loosening-up theTSBH and moving it very slightly either way axially. If it's rubbing you'll know right away. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts