RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my "Thunder" Air Kit from Phats. Any tips on installing it? The instructions, as usual are kind of vague. Also, should there be any noticible diff. in performance from this?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I installed mine yesterday.It was an easy installation.The only problem was the last two flush mounted bolts that hold the filter backplate to the adapter were too long.I had to grind a couple of theads off to make it work.It looks great and I can tell I gained some bottom end.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey reload, I put mine on a couple of months ago, I had no problem, just a little over an hour to install. The only time consuming problem was removing the snorkel from the original air box, (as u must reuse the snorkel). Mine was glued in from the factory and had to use hot water to soften the glue. Other than that installation was smooth, very impressed with the quality billet parts. Looks real classy. I have an installed pic on my bike profile. Good luck. Id let u know how it performs but I dont know, DG hardkrome still has my pipes. I think they are holding ithem for ransom. Valuable riding time wasted while they dick around !!!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
just rip the snorkel right out of the box! i've got pics of the thunder round on my bike in the gallery. it's an excellent piece of machinery, the fit and finish are excellent.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yup, no problems here with intall. One note. Don't fully tighten the snorkle to the undertank airbox until you have it set right on the Thunder. As you tighten the snorkle it tends to pull away from the Thunder... enjoy it...B.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed it today. Flush mount bolts were too long and had to be cut a little (thanks Reload). Snorkle was tight but not to difficult to "rip" out of th box. All and all it was pretty simple. Looks great!!! Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts