RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

First week of racing went quite well for me, in spite of the on again/off again rain. Some very close racing. I won the first race but just barely! He was only .0025 off of his dial in, while I was .1102. The only thing that saved me was my good reaction time which allowed me to cross the finish line 1.7 milliseconds before my opponent.

Second round my opponent broke on the finish line - transmission trouble, so an easy win.

Third and final race. Normally I run about 13.10. This day I was running 13.22s so I dialed in a 13.18 figuring that'd give me a bit of leeway if I have a good run. We wound up as a double breakout. He was off dial by -.0670 (13.16/13.0930) while I was off by -.0869 (13.18/13.0931). If I would have dialed in my normal 13.10 I still would have broken out but would have won the race. Oh well...second place is OK, especially considering that I often lose in the first round.

On a side note, for the past five years I've used 1108 as my bike number, just because that was the number on my first tech sticker. Then I came across this news article https://flipboard.com/video/ksaz/3250f133ea. This was my brother. I don't know why I didn't think to use his badge number before especially since he was part of the reason I got interested in drag racing. So my new bike number is 812, his badge number, in his honor.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
That is some great racing. Your 60' was a little lazy in the first 2 races but got better and nailed a good 1.82 on your 3rd which probably didn't help with the breakout as well.
Love the American Flag on your jacket by the way.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is some great racing. Your 60' was a little lazy in the first 2 races but got better and nailed a good 1.82 on your 3rd which probably didn't help with the breakout as well.
Love the American Flag on your jacket by the way.
I wasn't happy on those 60s either :mad:. Low/mid 1.8s are more common for me, with a few high 1.7s. I'll blame it on first race day and cool/wet weather :p

I'm retiring this jacket and replacing it with some new ones (yes, plural) that have armor and I'm currently having a patch put on both. I'll be showing those off next race weekend.

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Sounds like you have a little clutch slippage going through the gears. Looks like a lot of fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts