RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time to grabb new battery i seen few old post wondering if technology has changed views on best or even good reliable battery definitely leaning towards lithium type batty thx for ur time

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
I'm still completely satisfied with the Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 (since March 2014) and Shorai SHO-BMS01 Charger (which charges independent cells so each is always at 100%). Plus other brands have come to market that charge differently but seem to be doing fine, too.

The one operational difference with lithium is that, in very cold weather, you will hit start as usual and it might not start but the battery becomes heated so it always starts on the second button press.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that's actually the one i had in mind definitely looking to get a lithium type

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Whatever charge you do get make sure it is lithium compatible. Also not all charger are created equal as well so I would bite the bullet and get a Shorai charger as well as it is more "intelligent" of a charger and to the lithium battery needs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah got the battery gonna look for best deal on matching charger 🙃 thx guys now to figure out this blaster X light hm.....

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I'm still completely satisfied with the Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 (since March 2014) and Shorai SHO-BMS01 Charger (which charges independent cells so each is always at 100%). Plus other brands have come to market that charge differently but seem to be doing fine, too.

The one operational difference with lithium is that, in very cold weather, you will hit start as usual and it might not start but the battery becomes heated so it always starts on the second button press.

Just installed the Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 as you mentioned ! Did my research and couldn't find any negative reviews ! I also notice my bike starts a lot faster oddly compared to the one that was in there prior.

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
Tiny fella but kicks the bike right in tha ass now to rewired for charger..
Yep it does spin the big cube motor fast, it surprised me the first time. Even better after all these years it still does.

I like how the factory Shorai charger has a molded row of contacts (one for each cell) that plug directly into the battery case, flush. The other end is the small plug end into the charger. Very compact and very convenient. It even has a rubber cap to keep the plug clean. Great design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts