RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a very long time since I posted on this amazing forum.
I've been thru a lot in the past several years as we all probably have.
So I decided to share my pleasure of putting new tires on my so beloved 2002 Warrior.
The rear tire is nearly 10 years old and my front tire was getting unevenly worn so I decided
to go ahead and buy two new tires. Dennis Kirk had what I needed for the best overall price.
I removed the wheels and off to the bike shop tomorrow.

Rear is a Dunlop Elite 3 240/40 vr18
Front is an Avon Spirit St 120/70 zr18

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's some pretty good tread life! I still have stock tire sizes but my stock Dunlop gave me 3300 miles, a Pirelli Diablo gave me 2700, and my Avon give me well over 6000 before I lost track. 11k is very impressive, though.
I think the dunlop elite is a touring tire great for higher mileage. Plus Im usually not to heavy on the throttle.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I was actually wearing down the edges more than the center. Wish I still had pics of what they looked like. When I switched to Avon’s, I’ve never run anything else. It’s been 16 years and I’m still super happy with their balance of performance and longevity.

·
Registered
445 Posts
11к :rolleyes: my previous cobra had 21 ;) It is the best result in my practice. All other had around 9-11k. And pirelli diablo had 6k

·
Registered
445 Posts
Miles. Cobra had 34000km. Also was shinko 016 - 18000km, pirelli diablo - 9000km, metzeller 880 - 14000. And dunlop elit e3, from the trash))) But even this it was better than 880.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Perhaps you have tougher asphalt, more aggressive composition, more abrasive. This is clearly seen in the comparison of the roads in Russia and Europe. But the aforementioned cobra of its 34 thousand kilometers 10 thousand ran across Europe. And there was a moment when I kept the entire tank at a speed of about 125 miles per hour. It was a wonderful road and a frisky fellow traveler. But at the gas station, the front Michelin Pilot Road 3 was covered with scales - severe wear. The cobra had about the same. And I slowed down to 110))

Our roads are "soft". Tires wear out longer, and roads are repaired every year)))

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Follow up on the new tires
So far I can't be happier. My bike feels like a completely different bike. It rolls straight and true and goes through turns with ease.
I just wish I would have changed them sooner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts