RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble deciding what tiers to put on my 2007 Warrior.
The bike has the stock 18" front rim and 17" rear.
As far as how I ride, I hardly ever ride in wet conditions, but I do like to scrape the pegs on the curves.
I have no problem spending more money up front as long as the tires last me a while.
So if you have any input on what tires you like and where to purchase them, feel free to leave some suggestions.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Before i went to a 250 out back
I ran the Avon cobra 3XM tires...
They handled great and u get good mileage out of them..Ive been buying my tire from 2wheel lately good prices and fast shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I have road pilot4 on mine and I like them a lot. supposed to be a longer lasting tire but I'm not sure about that yet. I lean heavy into every corner and they grip well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone had any experience with the Pirelli Angel GT Motorcycle Tire?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bridgestone battlax

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Car tires! Ooops, did I really say that out loud?

Just kidding! Another vote for Avons, very grippy and good in the wet in case you get caught by surprise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I’m thinking it’s going to be the Avon AV7 Cobras.
The question that I now have for my very knowledgeable forum members is what size tire will fit the best for my bike.
I have the OEM rims and no modifications to the suspension.
Old--REAR 200/50-17
New--REAR 200/55-17
Old--FRONT 120/70-18
New--FRONT 120/90-18 or 130/70-18

·
Registered
298 Posts
As far as how I ride, I hardly ever ride in wet conditions, but I do like to scrape the pegs on the curves.
Almost any tire can do so. Pilot Road 3/4 - are very good even in hard rain. I use it on the front wheel, PR3 as third tire, previous were the same. It rides up to 25.000km without any problems. If you doesn't mind about difference 10mm of tire wide, wear 190/55-17 of PR3 or PR4. It great!

PS
Cobra very good, like it. But Pirelli Diablo I like more))

PPS
If I remember 120/90 or some kind of 130/70 can wipe a hole in fender, somebody told this, but I know one user with 130/70, and he has no problem. But the 120/90.... o_O

·
Registered
165 Posts
I run Pirelli night dragons and I can only give good reports either wet or dry and I went for the slightly harder touring compound on the rear which can spin up a bit when cold but when warm you will be dragging pegs with the best of em.
The pic is from mid winter but it gives you an idea of the look of them and I run 200 55 17 Rear and 130 front.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I'm gonna need a need front tire soon

And really want to go with the 130 up front

Which is the best one to go with and doesn't expand a rub on inside of the front fender

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just put a Metezler ME 880 on the front and a Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear in stock sizes and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm gonna need a need front tire soon

And really want to go with the 130 up front

Which is the best one to go with and doesn't expand a rub on inside of the front fender

If your running the std front fender and suspension I never had any problem with rubbing using a 130 tire it sits close to the fender and looks great real mean and you get a little better ground clearance but some might tell you if a stone gets caught between the tire and the fender you could risk a puncture but I ran mine for three years before changing the front to R1 and never had a problem using various brands of tire.
as for the brand it’s up to you and your riding style weather conditions but in my opinion get a radial not a crossply as I found the crossply locked up to easy under heavy braking and the metzler 880s I found in the wet were awful no grip at all I ended taking it off and fitting a Pirelli as I ride fast ish and they proved dangerous for me.
Two pics there showing a metzler although that pic is with the R1 front end and a Michelin commander 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The new tires are on!

Well after several days of research, the new tires have been chosen. I decided on the Avon AV65/AV66 Storm 3D X-M. After scrubbing in the tiers for a day and getting used to the new profile of the tires, I took the Mrs. out for the afternoon this weekend.

Thank you all for all of the input on helping me select the tiers that best fit my riding style.

I have attached a few pictures of the new shoes.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know that a Bridgestones are polarizing - I think something about the way they build their tires results in a feeling that people either love or hate.

But I found a deal on Bridgestone Extreda Max tires. I think I paid 200 for the set. Happy with them, but I can't speak to the mileage as I installed them less than 200 miles ago. Plenty grippy though. Front brake feedback is a bit weak, but the grip is there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts