RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew when I bought this Warrior from RidingRules it would Need new Shoes!!! Im pulling the old Avons Off and Installing new Shinko Verge 011s which are old Yokohama technology :) 219.97 to the door off Ebay is better than the local dealer can do by over 100 bucks... So next week Im gonna do Everything I've bought new parts for & Hopefully it'll run like New again since the CPS and TPS took a **** right after I started ridin it :( I can't Wait LoL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,333 Posts
I put a Shinko Verge on the front

Main was reason was the price point

And at first wasnt liking it
Or feeling to Confident with the Shinko
Cause I've always ran Avons.

Maybe just a mental thing

But Now after some miles the Shinko is holding up
And I'm liking it

Just my 2cents

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
I knew when I bought this Warrior from RidingRules it would Need new Shoes!!! Im pulling the old Avons Off and Installing new Shinko Verge 011s which are old Yokohama technology :) 219.97 to the door off Ebay is better than the local dealer can do by over 100 bucks... So next week Im gonna do Everything I've bought new parts for & Hopefully it'll run like New again since the CPS and TPS took a **** right after I started ridin it :( I can't Wait LoL
That is a good deal. I hope they work out for you.
One thing tho is that Shinko got into the game in the late 90's by purchasing the old Yokohama tech and molds but that was years ago. Shinko has moved on since then and has made new molds and has made leaps and bounds in the rubber tech department with new compounds and tread designs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HeftySmurf I've always liked Yokohama tires & that reason alone made it Easier to roll with Shinko's :) I like feeling Planted & sport bike tires or sport touring have always felt more planted than tires developed for Harley's or Metric Cruisers!!! I will Always Eer on buying for that Stuck to the Pavement vs Longevity...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
- DesertBoy after Scuff In / Break In, the Shinko should grip as well as or better than the Avon in My opinion... Their Cheater Drag tires are what initially got Me to jump on the band wagon... Im chomping at the bit to get My tires on , forks rebuilt & other maintenance done then when I can swing it an Ivan's tune to Unleash the Beast on this cammed 110" with larger valves & ported heads :)

- Archangel Yeah I'd imagine Chaparral has sold More Tires because of the Cleavage type Marketing lol They have a couple nice models lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotta wire up some outlets in the connex so I can work on the Laundry List :) Once I'm Done itll be runnin like a Raped Ape again :)
Might have to find the set up procedure for the CPS again LoL Its been about 12yrs since I was Techin Professionally :) Been Awhile but I still got this lol

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Be careful with shinko. And attentive. This is not the first review of the same defect.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
There's tons of commentary about shinko tires and how they bought molds etc. but the tires are old tech and it's possible to burn one into nothing by burning rubber a minute or two. I keep hearing commentary about their new street tire tech but there's nothing found that is concrete it's just advertising. I want to have more tires to choose from. But for me, dual compound is a real good thing on this beast. That limits my choices.

I'm anxious to learn from @WarriorCustoms how his experience turns out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Be careful with shinko. And attentive. This is not the first review of the same defect.

I wonder if this is a reason I’ve heard them referring to them as “StinkO’s”.

I have a set of them on my KLR650 and so far so good but… the tires and the KLR650 really can’t be compared to the street tire and the power and rider of a Warrior.
I know I ride my Warrior more aggressive than my KLR650… why? Because I can. 😎

·
Registered
445 Posts
I used a 016 verge tire. I have it passed 11 thousand miles of very quiet style. For the first 7 thousand miles, the tire was as good as new. After that I noticed a distinct degradation of qualities for 2 thousand miles. The last 2000 miles have been terribly scary. Considering its price, if we ignore the last 4 thousand out of 11, I would continue to use this tire. But after I switched to size 240, took Pirelli Diablo for the test and found out what a real handling is!)))

Now? No more shinko!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen lots of crazy **** on tires from all forms of motorsports... The Key to Shinkos is Replace them every 6000 miles not 11k LoL
Lots of dudes put the 011 or 016 Sport Bike Tires on a Heavier Bagger that weighs 800 or even 900 pounds then bitches when it pops from Extra Weight when its designed for a 420 to 550ish pound Crotch Rocket...
I always pay attention to things and Im pretty in tune with this bike!!! If the tires aint gripping at 4500 like I want I will get New Tires but I Hope these Last Until I get a 260 rear tire & Upgrade to Pirelli's or similar.....

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Yeah you just made me curious so went looking and now Shinko the 016 are a dual compound design but they don't make a tire for the Warrior in 18". Also I looked at the load indexes and they all seem to be the same for the same tires sizes for the Warrior. Interesting.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've worn out Pirelli Diablo for 5500 miles. Every mile has been wonderful! I rided many times in rain. One day in the rain, got into a rut where the asphalt was about an inch below the water. The rear wheel began to flip a little from side to side. I swore at the tire)) And then I looked at the speedometer, there was approaching a hundred miles per hour. In heavy rain! I rided the shinko much more calmly and more carefully, it did not give such a feeling of control. If I had used it the same way as the Pirelli, I would have tonreplace it through the same 5500 miles. But it would be the different miles ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

I have defended shinko many times in the past. This manufacturer has a controversial, rather negative reputation in our country. I have repeatedly mentioned that the 011 and 016 series are different, two-component and should not behave like other shinko products. But firstly, from personal experience of use, I will say that shinko is not better than others at the same price. And secondly, there is a lot of deffects with peeling lamellas and hernias. I don't want such a product for myself, no matter what the manufacturer promises)))

1 - 19 of 19 Posts