RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys? I havent been on the site in quite a while due to just being to dam busy. Well, after six years its time to replace the battery. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The SVR 14 still seems to get top ranks on here.

I'll be doing that shortly myself, but with a Dekka ETX14. Couldn't find a SVR vendor locally...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
the svr 14 does get the most attention. i looked at one they have at batteries plus today. 230 cca and 1 year warranty. 80 bucks. i might just go with that. and it's supposed to fit right in.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
iowawarrior said:
it's supposed to fit right in

Heads up - Just to say there's another thread running on this very subject - and it might help you decide if you do a search on svr14 - it's certainly the battery of desire but you'll find that some slip right in and others need the box heating up to allow it in and always keep the strap on it cause they can be buggers to get out

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There's probably 50 threads on this topic if you do a search or you could check out ArizonaWarriors sig and I imagine it will direct you to a list of battery mod topics. You'll find the short of it is, as they've said, the SVR14 but I can personally attest to the Extreme brand XTAX-14BS fromBatteries Plusas well. Check out this topic on the matter for starters.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i went and bought the one from batteries plus. i don't know what it was like with a new stock battery, but if i had to guess, this battery is at least as good. i'm not super impressed. i don't know if i should be. i mean, it's a new battery.but it turns over strong in the cool mornings and nothing resets. i'm happy. now i just wait and see how long it lasts. the stocker made it six years. oh yeah, $ 80 and i had a $10 coupon, and they're right down the road. half an hour to buy it and install it. i also did not have to change the pos. cable or heat the box.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No worries here Iowawarrior, I bought the same battery from batteries plus I got it for $69 out the door (on sale). Its only 130cca but it starts up just fine and does ALOT better job than my 5yr old original one.

It is nice to drive down the road get a battery and put it in. Not to mention it was cheaper than online (surprise) and I didnt have to wait a week to get it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
When you guys mention the Batteries Plus battery you should probably specify which one. It's easy to assume you don't mean the Yuasa or Odysey batteries that they sell and you're referring to theirXtreme brand but even then there are a couple that will work for a Warrior. The XTA-14BS is 12ah 200cca and the XTA-16BS is a 14ah battery with 230cca. They rate their smaller 10ah XTA12-BS at 180cca even but there's no point in getting that one and trying to trust it when the 14BS fits easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts