RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just need to vent. Here is my open question:

Why, repeat that, why do folks post classified ads and then never respond to inquiries/comments/statements like "I'll buy the **** thing, just tell me where to send the money"?

Seems totally counter-productive to me, but maybe I just don't get it?

Thanks, I feel much better now. Still wanted to buy it, but oh well, poster must have been abducted by aliens...

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
It's a free system so you get what you pay for. Unfortunately since it only costs a few seconds of time to post a classified people have nothing invested in it and forget to check back, especially when they don't post here and only came to sell their crap. We used to have a 50 post minimum to post a classified but people complained. If someone isn't repsonding to their ad, send me a PM and I will remove it.

·
Administrator
28,391 Posts
Sangathor, thats good to know.

I remember the 50+ rule. It helped. Wasn't parts-wanted excluded from that?

Maybe this new forum software can automate it so once a member has 50 posts the system will automatically accept for-sale classifieds. I'd be for it if it doesn't burden admin or moderators. It would reduce unresponsive sellers a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Sangathor, thats good to know.

I remember the 50+ rule. It helped. Wasn't parts-wanted excluded from that?

Maybe this new forum software can automate it so once a member has 50 posts the system will automatically accept for-sale classifieds. I'd be for it if it doesn't burden admin or moderators. It would reduce unresponsive sellers a lot.
Thats a good point.
There should be no restriction on people with less than 50 posts from posting in the WANTED section - otherwise how do new guys with loads of mods to do get their stuff?
I'm on the fence about the 50 rule for selling too.
It is a shame to restrict transactions - it should be the more the merrier... BUT these people need to be a bit more pro-active.
I love the statement that you often see...
"I'm selling this stuff - but I may not reply straight away - cos I dont get on here much" ...... WTF?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Point well taken....
I am making a note to go back and double check my adds and update them.
thanks for the reminder.
g

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I hated even worse when I was trying to buy my second warrior. I sent at least six pm and e-mails and no ever answered them. All well I guess that didn't want to sell a motorcycle. I like the 50 post rule for the classified.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Then again, how about the people who reply to a for sale thread that is 6 or even 12 months old and get upset when they don't get an immediate response? There are mental midgets on both sides of posts like that!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are some other ideas...

Put in the directions on posting in the classified...have your phone number or your normal email address?

I check the forums everyday since I have joined. I have learned a lot, and I post frequently. That being said, I can understand that some people do not post a ton so they may not reach the 50 post limit.

Maybe a join date thing would be more accurate? Like someone with a join date of March 10th should not be allowed to post in the classifieds until April or May 10th?

Though lets say something happened and someone is just trying to liquidate for a friend (say the owner is deployed to Iraq). We may be shutting them out? Lets not put up road blocks?

One thing is for sure...you can not have a 100% fair/efficient system. I DO think the moderators do a great job here clearing the trash though.

Honestly , Sangathor's idea/promise to remove ads when you PM him is really fair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts