RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I ask, let me answer the 10 replies I get that yes I have done the search and didn't get what I was looking for!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I need a rear tire, my bands are showing[B)]. Right now I'm running a Bridgestone that was on the bike when I bought it. I would say it has about 3500-4000 miles. I have put the last 1500 on myself. Most of my riding is cruising on somewhat straight roads, sometimes I am 2 up (me 275#, wife 130#). I am looking for something I can get my money's worth out of but yet still looks cool[8D]. I am looking at going to a 190 if that helps unless there's a 200 that will do the same. Thanks to all and just like everyone else, I love this 4M.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Check out the Avon Storms. they are replacing the Azaro which gets a lot of strong feedback on the forum. They seem to last better than most , handle well and look good ! They have both sizes. Many say the 190 is better for twisties. I have run Dunlops, bridgestone , Metzelers and Avon . Avon is the one I use over and over.

I'll try to find a link.

Insert Image:

16.22KB

·
Registered
263 Posts
I got 8K out of my Bridgestone rear. I went to Cycle Gear and got a fantastic deal. Both front and rear tires for right at 200 bucks, plus mounting and such. If you happen to go by the Bedford store, look for Matt. He was the salesman that did me the great deal. I know they had a deal going on Bridgestones. Buy both, and get an additional 10% off. Check em out, if they are in your area.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
A 190 is better for everything IMO. It weighs less so it doesn't eat HP like the 200's and larger, it tips into corners better because it actually belongs on a rim that size, and it lasts longer than the 200's because it's not pinched up like they are.

Oh yeah, and they are a lot cheaper than 200's since 80% of all sport and sport tourers run them as well. So far I see no downsides. Oh yeah, they don't, "look as cool". Well, I've never been into riding a motorcycle to look cool, so I guess that one just isn't for me.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Avons for better performance or longevity...or both? I run Metz front n back right now and I'm sure the Z6 will outlast the 210...next will be a 190 tho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot for all the comments. It appears AVON is the preferred choice, which is actually the way I was leaning, however I can get a pretty good deal on Dunlop. I hate choices! Me being so heavy, will going to a larger spring do anything for tire life? Thanks again!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
quote:Originally posted by niteryder

Thanks alot for all the comments. It appears AVON is the preferred choice, which is actually the way I was leaning, however I can get a pretty good deal on Dunlop. I hate choices! Me being so heavy, will going to a larger spring do anything for tire life? Thanks again!

You might save 50 bucks if you buy the dunlop, but that's only until you have to buy your second dunlop when the avon would still have 3-4000 miles of life still left.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I personally dont care for the avons in the 240-250 size and think the metzlers do a far superior job... but in this aplpication for a 200-190????

sure, avon, I guess.

JT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts