RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for a new tire. I only got apx. 4000 miles on the original rear tire. I was wondering what tires people are using and what kind of mileage your getting on them.

I'm hoping to find a tire that is comparible in traction, but can get more miles on each set.

Thanks for your help. Shane

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
You might want to do a search. However don't expect to see a lot more milage. The harder you ride it...
Unless you switch to a 240 rear, the 200s just don't last. I didn't get more than 2k miles out of most my rear 200s.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
4,000 sounds about right plus or minus....

try this link
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10931&SearchTerms=tire+mileage

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm about to put on my 3rd rear tire & my odo. is just under 7k.
The warrior eats tires. get used to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a Bridgestone Exedra G850 put on after my first tire died at 3800 miles. I've got over 4000 miles on this one and it appears to have plenty of life left in it. It is supposed to be a higher mileage tire.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my Exedra too. Have about 5k miles on it and still have a coule k to go on it.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I never got more than 4-5k out of a rear tire before switching to the Avon Azaro. I ran a Dunlop D208 that got about 1,500 miles and several sets of D220's that got 4-5k. I'm getting around 7k on the Avon pretty consistently. It's not as sticky as the D208, but stickier than the D220.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Depends on how you ride it. I've still got the Dunlop D220 (factory) tires on my ride - and I'm up to about 6300 miles now. Yeah, they're worn and ready to be changed out, but the point is it's how you ride - you can chew 'em up in 2000mi or take it easy and stretch 'em out over 5k. Tires are always a tradeoff - soft tire gets you better(safer) twisties, but they get eaten up fast. Firmer tire gets you better life, but don't take any high speed 40 degree leans.

I've heard some really good things about the Avon's - if I don't replace mine with another D220, I'll go with the Avon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can't tell you what to get, but I can tell what not to get (for mileage anyway)... Metzler Sportec M1... I got about 2400 miles on mine and it's desperately in need of a change.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Another vote for the Avon Azaro, highly recommended. I went through tires quick (5000, then 3000) as well with my Warrior, then I tried the Avon. Gave me 6000+ miles consistently on the rear. Running the AV45 front/AV46 rear combination on my FZ1 right now, very, very happy with that.

Yes, they are not quite as sticky as a sportbike tire, but I've had no issues on either the Warrior or the FZ. Give them a try.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If the Metzler ME880 holds up well (not optomistic from what I hear), I'll go with it again. If not, I'm going to try a Michelin Pilot next.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
I've put 2700 miles on my Exedra's so far...they still look new. I grind them off evenly. I'd definately buy them again. Handle very well and braking is top notch.

I had a Michelin Pilot installed while down at the Dragon this past May at Wheeler's and I put 1300 miles on it in 3 days. That's a very good tire as well. Hooked up very well in the twisties. The only reason I took it off was because my new Excedra's were waiting on me when I arrived home. I wanted to put on a matching set.

Insert Image:

57.03KB

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I have 2000 miles on my Exedra and it's almost gone. I think I might get 3000 out of it. Ditto the Battleaxe and the D220.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I've got 5100 miles on my stock tire. It still has a lot of life left in it. But I don't do any burnouts and I don't really ride that hard with it. My brother has a warrior and loves to impress people with his burnouts. Needless to say his tires don't last that long.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It depends on how you ride..........I got 1200 miles off my front Avon Azaro.Stilleto thinks it's great I think it suck's. My back yard is the dragon.If you want to field test a tire for the warrior on the twisties send it to me. My rear tire pick for this month is the shinko raven 190/55/17 at 92.00 shipped with no tax on the net. The most bang for the buck. My new front tire is the dunlop D220f ST sportmax.The jury is still out on this one.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
And if you want to field test one on the endless straight freeways of TX send it to me and I'll see how long it takes to get a massive flat spot in the center.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I just got my new Continental Road Attack in 190/50-17. I'll let you guys know how she works out.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
The Avon Azaro 4500 miles has given me the best mileage so far out of the 2 dunlops about 2200 miles each, and the battleaxe 3000 miles. My riding style has not changed, just the tires.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thank everyone for there responce and will take all into consideration. I have my buddies that ride harleys keep an eye on the rear one, cause that's where they'll be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts