RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally figured out something my smart phone is good for, monitoring my tire pressures.

Especially when traveling I try to keep an eye on my tires. I always hated getting down on the ground to check the pressures.

I bought this FOBO tire pressure monitor system
https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOBIKE

Been on the bike for about 4000 miles now and no problems. Easy to install just follow the instructions.

Its so great to check my tire pressure in the morning not even having to get dirty or anything!

Ya it looks a little strange on your valve stems but what the **** if thats all you have to worry about well life could be worse. Supposedly the battery in the sensors last 2 years....

I have been amazingly satisfied

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am also running the fobo system. Absolutely love it can't beat it for a 100 bucks
I installed the T valves with it It makes adding air very simple but I learned one thing you never want to fill your tires when they're cold the pressure increases quite a bit when the tire heats up The summer will be quite the experiment, Because the system will give you a low pressure warning when the tire is cold but once it heats up the pressure is just fine. I never realized how much it fluctuates.
The system also measures the temperature of the tire I'm going to keep an eye on that this summer it will be interesting to know how hot the tire actually gets.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will warn you that you should install the short valve stems. The wight of the sensor on the valve stem eventually caused my stem to crack allowing air to leak out. So I bought the shortest valve stems I could find
Did you have the metal valve stem? Because that would suck

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
2 Questions
do you have to remove the tire to install them?
can you change the battery or do you have to buy new caps when the battery dies?

I would like them for my bagger as the rear wheel is a bitch to check

·
Registered
761 Posts
2 Questions
do you have to remove the tire to install them?
can you change the battery or do you have to buy new caps when the battery dies?

I would like them for my bagger as the rear wheel is a bitch to check
You do have to remove the tire to install the t Valve. But The battery is very easily replaced but they don't run down that quick I've had my system 6 months and not had to change the battery yet. And I check my tire pressure all the time when I'm sitting in the driveway warming up the car to go to work in the morning. Sometimes I check my tire pressure when I'm sitting in my apartment I'm close enough to the garage and the bike that it works. You don't want to run these on a rubber valve you definitely want a metal 1I ran them on a rubber Valve for about 4 months with no problems but you really shouldn't.

·
Registered
761 Posts
This was this morning's pressure reading I'm going to take it for a ride after work today and see how much the pressure rise I'll post the difference. Right now it's giving a low pressure warning but soon as the tire heats up it rises quickly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya they just screw on to your valve stem. There is no need to remove the tire.

Like Insaneduane mentioned its best if you use metal valve stems or the shortest rubber ones you can find.

I had the stock valve stems and after a year the rear valve stem broke from the weight of this thing and the forces it puts on the valve stem when you going at speed.

Changing the batter is pretty easy just take it off and it unscrews and you but a new battery in. My battery lasted about a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts