RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the Bridgestones and weigh about 210. I'm running the front tire at the recommended 36psi, and I'd like to get the most mileage out of both tires.

Should I run the rear a couple of pounds over 36 psi when I am one-up and then pump it up to 41psi for two up (wifey weighs 140)? If so, what would be a good pressure for one up, 38 or 39psi perhaps?

Or is it simply a better idea for long tire life to run it at 41psi all the time? Will riding it one-up at 41psi all the time cause more rapid wear of the center tread?

I ride mostly suburban roads during the week heading up to out-of-town twisties on the weekends (not overly aggressive, no peg scraping!). Try to avoid boring interstates if possible. Max speeds are kept under 80 mostly.

What is everyone else finding the be the best practice?

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Stiletto,
I ran my stock Bridgestones at 41 psi all the time and still am running my stock tires at just over 8200 miles on my Warrior. Just about ready for a new rear tire, but I should be able to get another few months out of it in the spring.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, sorry for the delay but I've been having a helluva time trying to access this site today.
So I guess running these tires at full pressure all the time is not necessarily a bad thing, huh? I think the max recommended pressure for the front is 36 psi though. Darkstar, you probably spend more time at an angle to the pavement than I do, got a feeling you probably have the least center tread wear 'cause you ain't got many straight roads to wear it on!
In any case, sounds like any degree of underinflation is more of a killer to tire life on this bike than overinflation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts