RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions. First of all, what is the life expectancy of the stock rear tire? I have 3600 miles on mine and it seems to be showing a good bit of wear already with zero burn outs, just normal riding.
The other question is, how useful is the windshield that yamaha makes (the little one with chrome in the bottom corners)? Does it cause vibrations around your head?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gawarrior

I have two questions. First of all, what is the life expectancy of the stock rear tire? I have 3600 miles on mine and it seems to be showing a good bit of wear already with zero burn outs, just normal riding.
The other question is, how useful is the windshield that yamaha makes (the little one with chrome in the bottom corners)? Does it cause vibrations around your head?
Thanks
I got about 5000 miles out of mine with several burnouts.Could probably have stretched a few more out of it but didnt.Dont know about the windshields yet,I do like the looks of the mini fairing though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Tire wear depends on so many factors that it's almost mind blowing. I know from my GP racing days that I could torch a tire in less the 250 miles, and I have had some tires on touring bikes reach 20,000 miles.

My expectation for the Warrior is to have as much fun as humanly possible and not worry about the tire wear.

You have to expect tire wear with the Warrior. This bike has so many great attributes such as great straight line speed, great back road cornering, wicked burnouts and awe inspiring hole shots that you will wear a set of tires out faster then normal.

As far as windshields go.... wouldn't consider it on the Warrior

Chalk up the tires the same as you consider putting gas in the tank..... part of the fun factor. A price of having one of the more Wicked rides ever produced....

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Got the Yammie boulevard windshield. looks good don't work for ****. Been looking to change it after the first ride. would have taken it off right away but it does collect bugs in a big way here in tropical FL and its easier to clean it than my jacket. Still have to clean em off my face shield. Should be able to see it on my bike in the gallery section.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
394 Posts
Gawarrior,
After hearing so many bad things about the Yamaha Windshield. I went with the 16" Windvest. It's a great windshield, highly recommended by several here on the forum.
Dsweer1

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I got 3300 on my stock Dunlop and I have about 1 inch of steel bands peeking through the center of my tire. You might say I enjoy my burnouts [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] (see my gallery pics and you'll know why). Lionheart is right, it just another cost of having a killer bike.

Although, if you have a little more self control than I do, you might get as much as 5000 out of it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
****...I must be a more conservative rider than I thought I was...I've got 8000 on my slipstones and the wear bars are no where in sight! Tire still looks very good!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Heck, Guys! I have over 7200 miles on my stock Bridgestones and still looks like there is enough tread life for the rest of my riding season.[/emoticons/emotion-11.gif] I was going to switch over to the Metzeler's, but I might just go back to the stocker's.

I have the WindVest 16" Smoked Windshield and am very happy with it's protection and style.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My Metzeler looks like it will last about as long as the stock Bridgestone did, about 5-6k.
Z-rated tires aren't made for mileage.
Ditto on the Windvest. Looks the best, and good basic protection.
coolwindshields.com
Mark can get you one quickly.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hahahaha...wellll...I don't know about that mature thing. BUT...evidently I ain't havin as much fun as the rest of ya!!! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Darkstar, what model Windshield did you get? Been to the web site but they don't list it for the Warrior! Gettin' cool up here in the NE, want to put one one to keep as much wind off me as I can.....

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
VtWarrior,
I have the WindVest 16" Smoked from coolwindshields.com go to the websight the phone # is posted there. Give Mark a call, he has universal mounts that will work on the Warrior.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gawarrior

It looks like I will be buying a rear tire in the near future. Anyone have any recommendations?
I put a michelin pilot sport on mine.I only have a 1000 miles or so on it now but it handles well and dont show any signs of wear yet.200/50.17.later Dwayne..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts