RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my second set of Metzler tires and wasn't real happy with how long the rear tire lasted. The first front is still good, though It will need to be replaced when I replace the second rear tire, but I only got about 3500 miles before the first rear tire needed to be replaced. I live in Arizona and I admit I push it pretty hard and I'm told it's a soft tire, but I wore it out in 3 months. Granted there was a trip through Colorado on it, but 3 months... come on.
I replaced the standard rear 200 with a 210 when I bought the first set of Metzlers. I'm sure how hard I ride has something to do with it, but can anybody recommend a tire that might get 4000 or more miles before it needs to be replaced? Or is this the price of owning a Warrior?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem you have. So i just switched to a avon storm(av 56). I've heard they last longer, and handle great.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Metzelers are great for mileage except for the 210/50R17. It's notorious for poor mileage. I don't know how good the Dunlop D205 is butthey make it to fit both front and rear of the Warrior.

Avon also makes a new tire called the Cobra. They make a 130/70R18 for the front and a 200/55R17 for the rear, plus the labling on the tire is pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
any 210 willgive you terrible mileage. switch to a 200 or a 190 and you will at leastdouble that mileage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts