RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, what the verdict on the make of tires that you guy have tried.
I've got stock rims for now and I'll need to start shopping soon.
The hype at the stealerships should be recorded for the ages.. I trust you guys over them any day..but that's not saying much..lol

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The Avon Azaro AV46 are awesome. Great life span and very stickey. Guys who got 5K out of the stocker are reporting getting 6K-7K out of the AV46's

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Continental Road Attacks in a 190, gets my vote. I get around 8k out of them, and they are cheaper than the Avons.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Avon Azaros for me too. They turn in real nice and stick good enough for me and I like to get on it a bit. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Metzler Z6

They lasted way longer than the previous 5 different tires. I have not tried the Avons

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I'm using the Bridgstone Exedra's. They have been my last 2 tires, and am happy with them. Used the battlax before, which are good too. Find that most need to try a few different types until they find the one that works for them. Do a search and you'll find lots of opinions.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Avons are EXCELLENT for me and contrary to a couple of posts seem to do really well in the wet. BUT, they scared the **** out of me about a mil before the wear bars. Don't push the miles on them.....oh yes, www.swmototires.com have the best price and free shipping if your order both. Think about using the 190 not 200. Slightly more contact patch but a more rounded profile.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I used the excedra and was planning to get more but on my sturgis trip this year I developed a buldge in the front tire from some off road experiences. I ended up pairing a couple of Avons on the bike and so far, I like em!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by parabellum

The Avon Azaro AV46 are awesome. Great life span and very stickey. Guys who got 5K out of the stocker are reporting getting 6K-7K out of the AV46's

Word![8D] Except I can't use 'em now 'cause I've gone PHAT![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I have a Metzeler M3 on the rear and a Z6 front. Has been a great combination. The factory Battleax I wouldnt recommend... They seem to be terrified of paint lines.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know I might get crap for this, due to reduced tire wear, but I really like the 210 Metzeler 880. Sticks like crazy and gives a little bit of added width to the back end. Front, I'd go for the Z6.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
If I baby them I get 5K from a rear dunlop 220 sportmax. If I don't baby them I get a lot less. I am considering Avons next.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Avon Azaros Like others have said Over 800miles in the pouring( i shouldnt be driving am i crazy rain)they worked like champs even at 95 mph in the rain. I just traded in my warrior i think i had 4k on these tires when i traded no sign of wear at all still looked like new!!!!!!!!![8D]

·
Registered
789 Posts
Used dunlops(220), Brigstones(excedras), metzlers(M3) and avons(av46-av45), dunlops suck, brigstones are medio, metzer has the best wear pattern and avons last longer, but are hard to balance. This is my third set of avons and this last set is almost impossible to balance.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jabo

If I baby them I get 5K from a rear dunlop 220 sportmax. If I don't baby them I get a lot less. I am considering Avons next.

I had the Dunlops on before the Avons and they had cords showing at just over 4000 miles. The Avons turn in and generally feel better than the Dunlops ever did. The Avons have just over 3000 miles on them and there is still about 6.5mm of tread left. They don't look worn at all. Luv 'em. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts