RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

my warrior is a 04 with a met 210 on it currently, and i need a new one , and lookin for the best deal.......performance wise i need something that is good for long trips on country roads and some interstate riding...so whats the best for the price? and where to get it

thanks all

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i wouldnt go with a 210 if you are looking for mileage. go with a 200 or 190.

try swmoto for good prices

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Lots of guys like the Avons(either the Storm or it's replacement, the Azaro) I had a 190 Avon Storm on mine til I swapped it ouf for a Pirelli Diablo 240 last year. Avon now makes a Cobra which I hear is supposed to be very good as well. There is a thread that rates all the various sizes and brands that are popular with us...just do a search, it'll pop up!

Hope this helps you

·
Registered
295 Posts
IMO, the stock Dunlop was a good tire...I had about 6k (mostly highway miles) on mine before I did my 260 mod, and still had some mileage remaining. Performance wise I don't have any complaints either, it never felt loose, although I admit I don't tend to be the most aggressive rider.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went to conti Road attack ,Not sport attack can only get in 190 but great all weather tire and got 5000 miles in mine and still 60% on back tire and i ride hard. 158$ on ebay i mont my own tires can also get the 18in front for129$ on ebay.

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
The Avon Storm ST AV56 200/50ZR17 tire actually replaced the old Azaro.

The Avon Storm is a special tire that will NOT get that annoying flat spot in the middle just because you happen to ride a freeway while touring. Plus its sticky on the edges for twisties. Great mileage, highly recommended.

Try:

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp

Plus do a web search for "Avon Storm ST"

BTW the matching front tire is also high-mileage and high-grip.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Has anyone mentioned Avon? Seriously though, speaking from expirience, the avon beats the stock dunlops by a long shot. Shop around to get your best deal, the go to dennis kirk they will beat any competitors deal by $1, and they ship fast.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the Avon Cobra. I love it. It has a little over three thousand miles on it and I cant see any obvious wear on it yet. I bought it from motox outlet .com. They were a little slow on shipping (took about two weeks to get it) but the price was good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ordered a tire from Dennis Kirk for another bike and they sent me a front instead of a rear, then argued with me on the phone about it. The guy on the phone said the tire they sent me was to big to be a front (130-80-16) for a Heritage.The tire said FRONT FITTMENT on the side wall. That ordeal took about a month to finally get my tire. I will never order from them again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ditto on the Avon Storms...just replaced my last Storm after about 7k miles, the stock Dunlops sucked...only got 3k out of it, nice flat spot after a long highway ride. I went witha 200, it has worked out great for me, and I ride very aggresively in twisties.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I got a true 11,400 miles out of my Avon Azaro and replaced it with the Storm (have about 1500 miles on it and no wear showing). Good handling tire and I think I paid about $150 delivered for the tire. It sat in my garage 9 months waiting for the Azaro to finally wear out. I personally like the Avon better than the stock Dunlop on the rear. I did like the Dunlop on the front with the Azon on rear better than the matching Azon that I replaced it with. The Avons have a lot of tread in the center as they were designed for a heavier bike. Kind of like putting real truck tires in a small suv, just can seem to wear them out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
As you can see, opinions vary widely about the brand of tire. But, its hard to beat South West Moto Tire for the best deal price wise. Here's a link to their site:

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SWMT&Category_Code=MTCYTIRES

$141 for the OEM style Bridgestone Exedra G850:

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SWMT&Product_Code=300842&Category_Code=G850

$177 for the Avon Storm:

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SWMT&Product_Code=305576&Category_Code=Storm

...of course then you got to get them mounted and balanced.

~Romy

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I only just saw this so you may have already got tires sorry.

I really liked the Storms but the Roadsmart may be better for you with all that highway riding it sounds like you have planned. You're pretty close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smokies so the Roadsmart may be a great tire with the centre hard compound. The Avons had a flat strip down the center (less 'grippy' too) which really bugged me after our 6200 mile trip last year. It'll be interesting to see what the Roadsmart does. I already have a small high strip down the center of the tire where it wears less quickly than the edges. Dang, it's tough riding in the Rockies all the time:}:} Let us know what you chose and www.swmototires.com has excellent service and price

·
Registered
590 Posts
i am sick of the metz 210 wearing out after 3,000 miles and flattening out on the contact patch. my girlfriend has metz tires on her honda cruiser and she has over 20k miles with lots of tread left. not so with the big torq of the warrior. i am going with avon 200's next time. i only hear great things about them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts