RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need a new tire this upcoming riding season. This is my first time getting new tires for my warrior. I had a few questions and knew the forum was the place to look for answers.

I have been looking at the Avon Storm 3D, and the Bridgestone Exedra max. Both the storm and exedra mentioned being great for the warrior in the reviews, and thought the reviewer might be in this group.

Anyone have any experience with either of these, or advice on tires? I have heard good things about the Avon Cobra, but cant find a front tire. Can a cobra be paired with a storm?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Avon Cobra works well in pair with Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4GT on the front wheel. For example. If you dont care about the difference of the tread pattern. In addition, I suspect that they have a close resource, unless, of course, you are a fan of burning out)))
I dont understand why so everybody afraid to take the different tires to front/rear. Yes I know about that it was made to work in pairs but expirience of many people says that it's not criminal and there are many good kits with different tires :rolleyes:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I put the 100 break in miles on the 888 on one heck of a windy day. I think the tires are awesome and provide a lot of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Be very and very careful with metzeler on wet road. Did not ride with 888 but in my experience-list ME880 is baddest tire.

Hmm. First I’ve heard of this. Did a bunch of research on them prior to buying them and that is one of the things they’re know for is wet weather riding. No tire on a motorcycle is going to be crazy good if you don’t slow down and ride at a comfortable pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I've had the brighstone on the front of my previous and my present warrior when I bought them..
Mileage / Durability was horrible
As soon. As new front tires where needed
I switch to the Avon storm
And than the Strom 3DXm and that's all I run now. Handles great when out riding the local canyons...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had the brighstone on the front of my previous and my present warrior when I bought them..
Mileage / Durability was horrible
As soon. As new front tires where needed
I switch to the Avon storm
And than the Strom 3DXm and that's all I run now. Handles great when out riding the local canyons...
Thank you, this type of info is what i was hoping to find.

You had the exedra max? And how was the durability of the storm? I can see that the storm will be hands down the best performance tire im looking at, just trying to decide on that performance/ durabilty trafe-off

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Durability of the Avon is great in my experience
You wont be disappointed with the Avon 3dxm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Durability of the Avon is great in my experience
You wont be disappointed with the Avon 3dxm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Do you happen to know the difference between the avon storm 3dxm and the avon spirit? I cant seem ti find a comparison of them

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hmm. First I’ve heard of this. Did a bunch of research on them prior to buying them and that is one of the things they’re know for is wet weather riding. No tire on a motorcycle is going to be crazy good if you don’t slow down and ride at a comfortable pace.
Also I heard only positive feedback of users experience. Of all those who spoke, only less than 10% were negatively disposed towards this tire. I did not set myself the task to check this tire. It happened... My Pirelli Diablo(love this tire!) ended away from home. Weeping!))) There was nothing to choose, there was only ME880(for 240/40/18) available. I think that ME880 exists for any, even the most fantastic sizes)) And I had to use ME880. I felt the difference between Pirelli Diablo immediately. But I made a discount on the fact that ME880 was new and not run-in yet. But all subsequent 14500km she was the same!

For comparison. I rode on Pirelli Diablo on a wet surface. My friend and I rided on 140km/h without problems. I did not even feel the road markings! Back I was driving at ME880(2000km after), and when it started to rain, the tire began to slip to the sides on speed faster than 120km/h. And when the rain intensified, I had to reset to 100 km/h. I was scary! On Pirelli Diablo, I never went so slowly! With Pirelli Diablo, there was a situation when rain was pouring heavily from the sky, there were several centimeters of water on the road that had not have time to merge from the surface to side. I rided on 160km/h with complete confidence, not a hint of demolition! Seemed like very regular situation in sunny day)))

Now many friends, who were previously pleased with ME880 and said that I was probably joking, began to experiment with tires and began to notice that ME880 was really a weak tire. And this applies primarily to the wet coating. And in my practice, she has not become an outstanding of resource.

For now my choise is Avon Cobra for rear and Michellin Pilot Road 4GT for front. Its showing to me close resourse of life and wide condition of using. Not good first 2000km for Avon but it alives more than 20000km!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased the Dunlap front and rear - not cheap but will give me years of good wear! Took off the Avon’s after 3 years started cupping on the rear and front wear is same

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've had the Avon Storm 2 Ultras on my bike for several years. They have been great and still plenty of life left after 8K. Avon has made great tires for years. I would consider the Michelins as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all! I really liked the avon storms, and maybe i will get them next time.

After posting this and while i still going back and forth between Avon and Bridgestone, the Bridgestone Exedra Max went on sale, and offered a rebate. After the rebate i got the full set for only $180, almost half the cost of the Avon. Couldnt justify buying the avon at that point. We will see how quickly i need to replace these, and maybe next time i can try out the Avons

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you find that sale at if you don't mind my asking?
Dennis kirk. They had the best prices on all brands/ models i was looking at. Although, i did pick up the last stock rear tire size, but they might have gotten more in by now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts