RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys Im a newbie but have had other bikes, anyway I need a new set of tires I was told that going to a 210 rear is not a good idea because they wear out quickly any thoughts on that, also where online can you go for tires, I would like Metezlers but am open. Thanks in advance for any info, I live in upstate Illinois McHenry to be exact if anyone knows a good place to go

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
The 210 hasnt been made in long time..
I myself prefer Avon Tires.

I get my tires from
2Wheel.com...

Fair prices and fast shipping...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info
why the Avon specifically and I want a good rain tire mainly cruising with a little sport thrown in just to keep it interesting Any suggestions

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I ride often In the mountains. And i drag my pegs ...

The Avon Storms have always held in tight corners...

For the rain aspect. I don't ride much in the rain here in SoCal.. but I did get caught in the rain on my way back from Lompoc Ca
Which was almost 300miles of riding in the rain..
And the Avon's held the road ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm running the Avon Spirit St and they have done great in the mountains, the rain, the hot and the cold. No problems with grip.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Best Grip & Worst Mileage Rear Tire on my widened 18 x 8.5 rim:
  • Pirelli Diablo 240/40ZR18 ~ mileage: 3,828
Wore that rear tire out on my Northern CA trip :(

·
Registered
538 Posts
Avon tires have always been a go to on the Warrior. The current gen is the Avon Spirit ST which come in exact OEM size. I got a great deal on mine a few months ago from DennisKirk.

These replaced my Avon Storm II Ultras which were great tires but due for replacement after 7 years.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Metzeler guy right here. Never had any traction issues and it may be silly to some but I prefer the tread pattern to most other tires. I've never run anything but metz on my warrior in almost 10years of ownership so can't give a honest comparison to other brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've had Metz tires in the past and they were fine and the tread pattern is cool. I also like Avons tread since it's the same tire you'd put on a sports bike. In the end go with Metz, Avon, Bridgestone or Pirelli and choose the one you like the looks and price of. Or get a cheap a$$ Shinko if you want to trust one of those with your life.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can’t trust Dunlop’s the compound is to stiff so you don’t get a lot of feed back from the tire
I have gone over to Pirelli night Dragons which are good wet and dry need a little warming up but I still have not ridden a better tire than Michelin’s always grippy even when cold
But now in the uk essex they have chucked that horrible road salt everywhere and it’s like riding diesel spinning up the rear all the time and corners are very careful matter
Still I’m out n about in it and that’s what matters keep riding as it makes you appreciate summer more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts