RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trading out my VFR for one of these.
Has anybody had any experience with the Tiller? It looks like a killer ride. I just love that V-TwinTHUMP!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I never had one, liked them ever since I heard one a few years ago. The V-twin superbikes do have a sound all their own. I was looking for a wrecked one for a while to build a muscle chopper much like people do with the buells.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've ridden one of my buddy's last year in laconia. We swapped bikes for a couple of hours through the mountains. Def is one of the funnest bikes I've ever ridden. Gobs of power and the sound is awesome. The only thing I can think would be a negative going to the tl over the vfr is riding position. The vfr def has it beat for comfort and long rides.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A friend of mine had one and it was awsome. He had Yosh pipes on it and if you stood behind it while it was idling the exhaust pulse would almost knock you down. It was a torque monster too. Wheelies in 2nd or 3rd were not a problem even without slipping the clutch. If you love the torque of the Warrior, and who dosen't, you will like this bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Same as the SV1000, I never had eaither before but with the right setup they do sound cool, almost got a naked 1000 last year but opted for my warrior instead.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i was fascinated by the TL1000 and the Honda SuperHawk when they came out in the late 90's. a couple years ago i picked up a SuperHawk and kept it until i got my Warrior. i also had a VFR before all that. making the transition from the VFR to the SuperHawk was purely for fun. the v-twin enigine was so torquey and i loved the sound. as someone said above, you will sacrifice some ride comfort. if getting a little lighter bike, with a little more pep in its step is what you are looking for - you will love the TL!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here's all the info you'll ever need. TL Zone. I had a '97 TLS and it was awesome. The riding position is extremely aggressive. Most people will put +2/3 rear sprocket as they're geared pretty tall and don't like pulling redline in 6th because of it. Many have complained about the rotary rear shock heat soaking easily, and have replaced it with a Penske unit. (I can't remember exactly if the R had the same issue. If you get one, stay away from Carbon Fiber exhausts, as the power pulse's of the TL's are so violent, that they destroy the cans on the CF units.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My first street bike was a '01 TLR, that bike and I had some of the best times I ever had on a motorcycle. I had issues with mine but only after I had some low speed get offs. Fuel pump gasket under the tank always leaked. Mine always ran hot, but i associated that with the issues of the radiators being bent and it seeped coolant all the time. Just in case you ever lay one down, the battery is on the left side so try and crash on the right side. :)

I put 20K on that bike in 8 months, I never really had major issues. Never did a track day as I could never really afford to. I did go up and down Palomar every weekend during that 8 months so that may account for something. I have never thrown a leg over a TLS but I don't remember the riding position as "extremely aggressive" An RC-51 is way more aggressive, as are most the inline 4's that I have ridden. I thought my TLR was pretty cozy! However I was much younger then too :)

Before I purchased my warrior I almost did pick up a 00 TLR off of TLzone, my bro pushed me more towards the warrior. I wish I could have both! Hope you find a nice TL they are out there and the TLzone site seems very usefull. I do have some left over parts from mine if you get one hit me up I just may have something to help you with!

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I had a 2000 and a 2003. They suck for track days but still handle decent. Thet have a great motor. The RC51 2002 and beyond is far superior and you can get them for the same price rangeon ebay.. If it were me I would stick to the FJR or Go Tuono. if the price is right however thats how I got my 2003. Sometimes its just to good of a deal to pass up.You will like it reguardless and the sound is incredible..

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I agree mine was HOT but I beat the crap out of it on and off the track 100% of the time and in never blew up. Wheelies every day and it handled 100 times better than the TL.. The TL seat was better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts