RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obiously a newbee here. Got 02 Warrior stock except for factory aftermarket Yamaha performance exhaust can with a pcIII and K&N filters. Question is, would I benefit my adding a Vance and Hines dual and running a different PC map? Sorry if this is the wrong venue, but ****, I'm a newbee. Thanks...............Dan

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
danno47 said:
....factory aftermarket Yamaha performance exhaust can with a pcIII and K&N filters. Question is, would I benefit my adding a Vance and Hines dual and running a different PC map? Sorry if this is the wrong venue, but ****, I'm a newbee. Thanks...............Dan

Welcome to the 4M Dan....by the Yamaha exhaust do you mean the speed star exhaust? With a good custom map you can get plenty of power with that exhaust. Historically the best power has been attained thru a 2-1 pipe such as the V&H propipe. The V&H dual will work well too because of their proprietary chamber that joins the two pipes midway making it work almost like a 2-1-2 (i.e. Speed star pipe).

·
Administrator
27,709 Posts
I don't know what happened when I posted the above, but the link didn't go 'live' and the formatting didn't stick.

Plus the site's 'edit' feature is off-line and goes to the 'oops' screen . . .

Here's a clean copy.

Here's a Jarv post that will help every New Member (and lots of others too!):

http://rswarrior.com/files/folders/reference/entry1170165.aspx

This is an excellent write-up about how to add your pictures into your forum posts.

·
Registered
926 Posts
is that what happened? I was looking for one of your stickies the other day....I had to go through pages before I found it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone my friend turned me onto this site and I am hopefull that I can get some direction from some of the veteran warrior owners. I have a 2006 warrior and I love it except I kinda bought it without knowing that I was going to be doing some serious day trips. I am know at the point where some hard bags and a batwing fairing are neccesary for me to be comfortable. Sick of the wind, bugs and the fact that I have to bum room from my fellow riders inorder to carry my coat and misc items neccesary for weekend trips. I know it kinda takes away the mean look but comfort is needed badly. I am currrently searching for hard bags, looks like the ga bags are the way to go to get the look and storage I desire. I would also like to get a fairing (bat wing) I am open to any suggestions and obviously price is a huge factor... Dont want to buy anything that wont fit.. Thanks and Be Safe.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Wind buffeting is tiring, but I dont like the look of a windscreen on a warrior, like puttin a moustache on the mona lisa... I put a sissy bar on with rack, looks god IMHO. Then i bought a large leather sissy bar bag, holds everything I need and more, unless you want camping gear as well.Check out Ebay...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Does anyone else think a noob might be interested in getting phat? Can we get Kyle, Crown, G&S, etc added to the initial list. Possibly Royale5 too for seats? If we're gonna help, we should help them look good too.

P.S. this is a pretty sweet sticky for the FNGs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok, i am very new and quite ignorant to the workings of this site. I have been a proud owner of a 2008 road star warrior!! My question............which i'm having a hard time conveying on this medium, is how the **** to you disable the speed limiter and/or govenor??
Thanks
Michael.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
is the 02 titanium warriors really the fastest one or yall just pulling my chain? if so why so diff?
Because it was the first. Not only were all the 02's faster, but the titanium paint had a super secret emollient adhered to it's atomic structure to cut down on wind resistance and also make it invisible to radar. Yamaha realized they put out a beast with far to much power for the average squid to handle so they detuned all the other years and colors. ;)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.