RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looks like a good deal, but can you swing the extra money for the engine upgrade parts, the labor is included in the recall work. ( High comp. pistons, speed* cams, roadie fifth gear...)

·
Registered
365 Posts
It looks like a good deal to me. I just bought `02 with 8,000 miles for less than that, but this bike has hugely more accessories. I got a great deal on mine and I bought it at Christmas time. This bike is a better deal than mine. I would buy this one before I would by mine again. BUY IT !

·
Registered
740 Posts
You may run into a problem on the recall issue.

1. Fuel tank bushing recall: IF there is ANY damage around the fuel tank bushings, you'll be getting a brand new tank. Some dealers are going that route, even if there isn't any damage. Thus the sweet paint is now compromised (possibly). This may give you A LOT of negotiating room.

2. Tranny recall: Trust the forum, if you can scrounge up the $$ for the engine upgrades (HC pistons and Road Star 5th gear) have them done w/ the tranny recall. You'll be happy with the results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From 102Cubes in Australia. I bought a brand newy out of the showroom and cost 22k Aussie $$ Something like your chance should be taken, both hands ? Bottom line mate.... listen to your gut feeling youve met the seller, you are best to know, Good luck, happy riding

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice looking bike,I like it .Go for it.If you dont have the $$$ to add the extra parts when you do the recal,you can wait and do the recal when you have the $$$.Good luck...

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
If you DON'T want it.. please tell me where it is so that I can make the arrangements.

I'm looking for an 02 or 03 that HAS NOT had the recall work done.

Thanks,
Jason..

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
quote:Originally posted by syjl

Hey Guys,

I am trying to decide if I should buy this bike or not. Will you give me your input?

2002 with 4500 miles for $7500
custom paint, lots of chrome, but no recall items done

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00919mod2dy.jpg]

if you don't buy it. PLEASE let me know the contact info on the seller, my brother is looking for a bike and this would fit the bill very nicely.

PM or [email='[email protected]']email[/email] me if your not going to buy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts