RS Warrior Forum banner

To buy or not to buy

2K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  preacherman 
#1 ·
#4 ·
It looks like a good deal to me. I just bought `02 with 8,000 miles for less than that, but this bike has hugely more accessories. I got a great deal on mine and I bought it at Christmas time. This bike is a better deal than mine. I would buy this one before I would by mine again. BUY IT !

#6 ·
You may run into a problem on the recall issue.

1. Fuel tank bushing recall: IF there is ANY damage around the fuel tank bushings, you'll be getting a brand new tank. Some dealers are going that route, even if there isn't any damage. Thus the sweet paint is now compromised (possibly). This may give you A LOT of negotiating room.

2. Tranny recall: Trust the forum, if you can scrounge up the $$ for the engine upgrades (HC pistons and Road Star 5th gear) have them done w/ the tranny recall. You'll be happy with the results.

#20 ·
quote:Originally posted by syjl

Hey Guys,

I am trying to decide if I should buy this bike or not. Will you give me your input?

2002 with 4500 miles for $7500
custom paint, lots of chrome, but no recall items done

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00919mod2dy.jpg]

if you don't buy it. PLEASE let me know the contact info on the seller, my brother is looking for a bike and this would fit the bill very nicely.

PM or [email='elloco@chepburn.com']email[/email] me if your not going to buy.

#25 ·
Great deal right there, there's plenty of money gone into that bike and from the pic it looks in great shape. Looks like a 240 on the back too but not totally sure from that angle. I like the paint too, very subtle but sharp. As the guys say, with the recall work not yet done, you could get some pretty hot engine upgrades while undertaking the recall work courtesy of Yamaha. Best of luck and let us know how you get on with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.