RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This so-called "re-call" may be more trouble than it's worth.Having the bike at the stealership could open a can of worms !!The old tranny recall was a good thing,but this is a little "out-there ".Reminds me of the Hummer H-3 recall that was done a couple of years ago. Had to bring the beast in because"Seat-belt causing the latch to release at hard impact"Turns out it was nothing more than a extra loop on the belt that had to be removed."Snip-Snip ".However to get at it,the seat had to be removed and electrics disconnected..Guess what?.When it was put all back together,people had to keep bringing the vehicle back to see why the seat wouldn't work properly..so it's your choice.................

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Jake, I hear you. But this one is for what we have been calling the CPS problem. Some people have had numerous failures. This is a real safety issue. Imagine your motor shutting down on the highway at the wrong time, or in the middle of a slow speed turn. It is a quick simple replacement. Just do it!!!

PS: this topic will be moved.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I got my recall letter the other day. All dealers I called did not have parts yet and were just now ordering. One dealer wanted me to bring bike in and didn't even have the parts, another dealer is going to call me when the parts come in. He said I was the second to call. Guess which one I'll go to. Depending on what year Warrior you have makes a difference on the parts they will replace. I would not take this recall too lightly.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Get stuck in a McDonald's parking lot 150 miles from home and you will change your mind.

You can coordinate with the service manager to get the part before you bring the bike in.

·
Registered
671 Posts
On that note;I now have all 3 recalls to be done on my ride! I have my apointment set up for the 1st week in june after bike week.Time for my free labor for mods!!!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
The dealer is going to call me when the part is in. He didn't know about the recall till I told him. (Which I knew thanls to this site.)The dealer will install 33 tooth pulley, I just need to buy the pulley. I don't hear to much good said about Yamaha Dealers, but I like mine.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
My dealer is ok he never callls you back, he has a bad temper and he fired his best mechanic because he would not let him talk to him like a child. But other then that he is alright. quote:Originally posted by gman

The dealer is going to call me when the part is in. He didn't know about the recall till I told him. (Which I knew thanls to this site.)The dealer will install 33 tooth pulley, I just need to buy the pulley. I don't hear to much good said about Yamaha Dealers, but I like mine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I told my dealer they would never see my bike again when they beat the crap out of my rear pulley doing a tire change and then test rode it for 50 miles... I'll be in Florida for a month coming up so I'll see if I can't call them now and set up an appointment. They were pretty good

·
Registered
161 Posts
I received my recall this week. The dealership will order the parts. But I will be driving my car to Daytona [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] instead of riding the beast. I don't want to take a chance of an accident and the liability of maybe hurting someone else.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
818 Posts
Allow me to vent!

I felt obliged to call Yamaha Customer Svc after the dealer insisted I bring my bike in twice to get the most recent recall done. He said he would not order the parts till he saw the bike. He did say he would fix the TPS first, then order parts for the pick-up coil and I could bring it back a second time for that repair. Initally I said OK, then I got to thinking about it and said this is BS. They should call me when all the parts are on the shelf and fix both problem at the same time. Which should take about an hour each.

Anyway, cudos to Customer Service, they got it straight.
But they also said they don't know when the kits will get to the dealers.

The bullitins says that either one of these malfunctions will leave you on the side of the road. If you're gonna take a lone trip before having these items made good, one might do well to get familure with the the details and be prepared to perform a McGuyver to get home. Of course they say park it and don't ride it. So how do get it to the dealer... trailer it ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Took mine down for the TPS the other day. Then they checked my vin and saw the coil recall too. The lead tech was pissed off about the time yamaha will pay for the coil repair. One Hour
I'm alil worried about them rushing on my recalls. Would rather have it done and done right despite a few more mins.

·
Registered
348 Posts
WHAT'S THIS TPS RECALL? I PICKED UP AN 06 IN DEC. OF LAST YEAR.DO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE AN ISSUE ON MY BIKE?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm pretty sure your bike is not included, but searching is better than yelling.

quote:Originally posted by Rif

WHAT'S THIS TPS RECALL? I PICKED UP AN 06 IN DEC. OF LAST YEAR.DO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE AN ISSUE ON MY BIKE?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rif
I have an '06. Got my letter two days ago about the coil/wires recall. I have a good dealer (so far). I'll talk to them this week. Still white and below 30 outside. Been riding the Venture since November, left the baby wrapped up and plugged in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts