RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used to have Morton's Customs executioner pipes with power cones installed but they keep scrapping on right turns so I just got PCS Roadster pipes for better clearance and power.

My question is... Would it hurt to put the power cones on my new exhaust system? All the website says they do is provide proper back pressure but idk if it would change performance or sound with the new system.

The old system is a 2 into 2, the new one is a 2 into 1 with a racing baffle. What do you guys think??

(Power cones are installed at the headers when mounting the pipe, they are like fancy gaskets pretty much)

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,231 Posts
Completely off topic, but are you stationed at Miramar? I was a crew chief in HMM-161 back when they were still flying CH-46's. Looks like your profile pic was taken while you were attached to VMM-163 getting ready for deployment. I sure do miss it!

·
Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
674 Posts
So I used to have Morton's Customs executioner pipes with power cones installed but they keep scrapping on right turns so I just got PCS Roadster pipes for better clearance and power.

My question is... Would it hurt to put the power cones on my new exhaust system? All the website says they do is provide proper back pressure but idk if it would change performance or sound with the new system.

The old system is a 2 into 2, the new one is a 2 into 1 with a racing baffle. What do you guys think??

(Power cones are installed at the headers when mounting the pipe, they are like fancy gaskets pretty much)
I can ask my buddy who has the Morton's if he knows.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got my brackets in and currently trying to re bend them to fit. Yes they scrape. I cut the end of mine off ground it down….. common with those pipes. I love them! But a little hot of your not moving and they drag on turns. But they are great. If you get rid of them I’d like to throw my name out there!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got my brackets in and currently trying to re bend them to fit. Yes they scrape. I cut the end of mine off ground it down….. common with those pipes. I love them! But a little hot of your not moving and they drag on turns. But they are great. If you get rid of them I’d like to throw my name out there!
If you want loud unique pipes, put them on

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,231 Posts
Yes I'm currently stationed there, VMM-163 is the squadron I got attached to for my first MEU. Absolutely loving it still!
For what it’s worth, I still miss it! Enjoy every day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.