RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been obssessing about this bike for about a month now. I have been riding a ninja zx6r for about 5 years now-but just recently started looking at cruisers-probably because I started using my motorcycle as my everyday commuter to work or wherever and its starting to get a little uncomfortable-I leave my house for work at 5am and being in such an aggresive riding position that early in the morning is painful-I need something more comfortable-ill still keep the ninja for tricks and stuff. Anyway I had a list of like 10 bikes and after researching and looking that number started dropping until I was down to Meanstreak vs Warrior- decided on warrior-it just does way more for me looks, power- even if its not as comfortable. So my main question is : I really want a warrior now, but my sensible side is telling me; Its almost August already and the 08 models are gonna drop in like a month or two-the 07 models are gonna go down in price-Or I could see if they change the model at all for 08. If it was 3 months ago I wouldnt even have this dilemna cause I couldnt wait that long-but I might be able to wait a month. What should I do-wait until the 08 models drop and then buy- or the **** with it and buy now. BTW money is an issue. I would be really dissapointed if they upgraded the engine or something vital for 08 . Im gonna start a color thread.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
so i am asking myself why anyone would want a meanstreak over the warrior? the warrior is way cooler than the kaw. imo. i know what your talking about with the crotch rocket though, i have my 06 limited busa up for sale because of the riding position plus the warrior is way more popular with the ladies

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Well, if money is an issue, then you should be able to locate an '06 left over at a dealer for a great price. That's if you want new. The best deal, however, would be a used one with some of the mods you already want done.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
You have a good point! You really dont have much to loose to wait to see what the 08 has to offer. If there is no change then you could still look for a good deal on a 07.

·
Registered
105 Posts
IF you have the will power to wait......you are a better man than me. I think you will get the best deal looking for a newer used one with some mods already done.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I dunno i would wait....are you in a limited riding climate? If not then maybe buy...but if I were in your position here in MN i would wait...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I was obsessed on the M109 for a month or so before I ran across the Warrior, never considered the mean streak. I sat on one and just felt it didn't "fit" me at all. I have no regrets whatsoever, even now that mod fever is kicking in in a big way.

·
Registered
214 Posts
if u will be financing, your best bet is to find a new 06 or 07 at a dealer and take advantage of yamaha's 7.9% apr factory financing. i got my 07 for about $10,500 out the door including a 4 year extended warranty and i've been people do better. used bike financing is usually at about 14%~17% which is crazy if you think about it. finance a $7000 bike you pay an extra $3000+ in interest over four years.

that being said, have you looked into some naked sports. i have a triumph speed triple and that thing is comfortable as **** and super fun to ride. i'm looking at the suziki b-king now...that would be a crazy bike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts