RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we had a bad day today. A new rider that happens to be a
female went off the road and flipped her bike into the trees.
We visited her at the hospital and they said she broke her
shoulder and her wrist. Our prayers go to her for a speedy and
painless recovery. Here's some pics of the bikes I rode with
and a couple of pics after the accident. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

Here's the video fom today:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cCEw75kh2D4

And here are the pics:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Vector
I hate to hear this.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] I will be praying for her to have a speedy recovery.
Please keep us posted.
Did this happen in or around Bear Mountain? I know route 6/Palisades Pkwy fairly well as I grew up in Orange County.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We decided to take the sprain to the techonic today and that road is actually part of the bear
mountain pkwy. She was on an older cbr 600f2 and has only been riding 2 months so far. We
called her not too long ago and she's medicated so she's actually feeling better than anyone
else right now. If you know her, she's a trooper so she'll be ok. In the pic with the 2 girls
sitting on the guard rail, she's the one in the black tank top and thats her cbr right in
front of them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know her but I do know the roads you traveled.
I haven't done that in along time. It would have been a nice ride
if it wasn't for this....
I hope she gets back into riding as soon as she is able..
You know the old saying. When the horse throws you, you have to get right back on or you never will. I rolled a car on the palisades pkwy and I still ride that road every chance I get... It holds bitter sweet memories for me.[B)]

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for her. Are you guys from the ride coming together and doing anything special for her?

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mdfd, me and the gang are looking for people to donate any 94 cbr F2 plastics so we can all put her
bike back to normal by the time she heals up. Our goal is to ride her bike to her house
in even better shape than it started out.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by vector18

mdfd, me and the gang are looking for people to donate any 94 cbr F2 plastics so we can all put her
bike back to normal by the time she heals up. Our goal is to ride her bike to her house
in even better shape than it started out.

that's wonderful! I think stuff like that is just great! I realize plastics are not cheap! That's what good friends do....

A friend of mine got a ticket for loud pipes on her Warrior and the group got together and paid her $160 ticket for her....

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what friends are for mdfd. When dcanna dropped his turbo warrior, someone mailed
me a left side scoop and even paid for shipping. I sent it to dcannas mechanic so he
could fix up his bike for him. I posted an ad in craigslist for the cbr plastics and I'm going to try a CBR forum
pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Greg,

Give my best wishes to your friend when you see her again...I hope she heals up real soon...And gets back in the saddle!

I have a friend get clipped by a pick-up truck Thursday night and he had to be taken to the hospital. He's O.K. just bruised and battered, but no broken bones.

Anyway I hope your friend has a speedy recovery!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend Greg, I hope she has a speedy recovery and heals up soon. Its awesome you guys are going to try to get her bike back in shape for her.

Did you guys hit any rain up there today? It started raining SE PA at 1 and hasn't stopped.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some pics of her bike in case anyone knows anyone that has any of these parts laying around.
Moto, it started drizzling on my ride back but when I was about 5 minutes away from home it
started to come down pretty good.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Gregg, Sorry to hear about your friend. She'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery. My eldest son runs a cbr I'll pass this on to him maybe he'll post it on some of his forums for donor parts.

·
Registered
929 Posts
****, that really sucks to hear about your fellow rider. I hope she recovers ok. Your riding group looks just like mine with Im with them. All sport bikes and one Warrior.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Ouch!! Man, she must've fared better than the bike...that looks nasty. It always sucks when a fellow rider goes down, but it could've been a lot worse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts