RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hardly use TomTom One that is a great little gps unit, perfect for the Warrior. I ended up buying a bigger one for the car and cannot justify one exclusively for the bike. As usual first come first serve. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Bighep,

Did you join this forum just to sell stuff? Your first post is an item for sale? Your website link gos nowhere. In the past, new members weren't allowed to sell items until they had a history here. I'm interested, but have decided not to take a chance. Hopefully the moderators will chime in.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I did not know that I could not just read and learn without posting. If you are concerned about "taking a chance" bighep is also my ebay id, (all positive). If you dont want it nobig deal. I thought since this site has given me some good pointers, I would post select items. Not trying to scam anyone. If there is a rule on not being able to sell without history, what defines history. You think because someone asks a few question here and there they are more likely to be honest? Well I feel just by the mere fact someone joins the forum and has similar likes and the same bike as fellow cyclist, it puts them in a sort of different level of trustworthness. Thanks for being so concerned.

Sincerely

Jason

Oh yeah, maybe I should also have a MYSPACE page so you can link to it when you hit my website link.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ithink im going to have to side with pep on this one, im kinda in the same boat as him im looking for a gps but dont want to take a chance..... besides you will have better luck on ebay..... and1 out of2 post you are trying to get smart with someone that has been a member here longer and is a site supporter. he is just giving you advise...

·
Registered
66 Posts
bighep, sell anything you want that has to do with warrior's. 07bluewarrior and pep are way out of line here. You are right, just because somebody asks a few idiot questions or makes a remark to some chain does not give them credit for crap.

Ride safe and ignore these two giving you crap, if they were not interested in the gps, they should not have commented, including myself! I just feel somebody had to back you up here. Their comments, like my whole rant here, are pointless.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh, and Welcome to the Forum, which I used to think was cool. The forum is meant as a help tool, chat room, and advertising for members and their warrior's. But these two are probably going to call me out for not spelling warrior with a W, sorry for not being Proper!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the site!Don't worry, you aren't doing anything wrong.

How user friendly is this unit when you are riding? I'm thinking of getting a GPS myself.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
This time Pep is RIGHT. There had been people attempting scams on this forum so there needed to be a minimal # of post or mod approval before this new site software. It was just a build trust type of thing. This site is for Warrior and motorcycle riders and not a optional no fee E-bay/Craig's List site.

This site is for people to discuss anything, Warrior and non-Warrior related. But when it comes to money transactions, seems that they were looking out for the members by having rules.

Welcome to the forum andgood luck with selling your GPS. I have the Zumo and HIGHLY recommend it, If you want traffic alerts or XM Radio/traffic, it isalso optional.

Oh, if you do scam someone or do not provide the service your promise on this site, we will find you.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
USER friendly yup

I have a tomtom one which i have the uk fixed speed cameras additon it works very well in a car, but you do need some idea of the route your looking for or it can take you round the houses sometimes [none of these units have 'local knowledge' but they get you somewhere just fine especially getting you into the right lane early!] - my early tomtom one links to my phone for traffic updates, but my partners one is 3rd edition and uses the radio signals for updates via an aeril thing [a bit of a nuisance even in the car]

Now as for using the tomtom one on the bike - a. it's not waterproof
- b. it should be charged with the tomtom cigarette lighter charger or they wont honour any warranty [i use a usb adapter via cig socket under my seat and it works fine - sod any warranty] these units when fully charged will work of the internal battery for a good 2 hours, which covers most journeys especially if only using it to guide you thru cities and for the final leg of the journey? - c. it needs to be close to your line of sight on a bike and d. you can't hear the voice directions as it doesn't take any form of extension for an earpiece or bloothtooth voice! - why bother you ask, well it's very cost effective and it still works to 80%on a bike if you can do a bit of DIY

So i still wanted to use mine under these conditions and on
my gallery i've posted a bag i made up to house the unit [last june] on a kurayakan [spell?] handle bar mount - i have a clear thin plastic bag inside just in case i need to use it in the rain and i can't hear the directions. So i have just turned the brightness up full and at night use the night mode - it's sighted right bymy left handlegrip and is really easy to set even with a glove on [not the actual address/postcode but the rest is while riding] - IT does a fine job for no extra bucks and it's thin and easy to throw in the pocket or helmet bag at the end

Hope that helps - if you want more info about bag and set up just shout - regards tomba

ps I like to think that 'joining in' the forum is the right way to go - it's not just about asking silly questions and giving smart replies - for me it's about taking the time out to join in - meet and greet - and add to the mix which helps pips know me a little better and from that a bit of trust comesmaybe - Arizona is a great example for me - you're not doing all he's done without giving a whole load of himself + time and effort, and i'd happily buy a glass hammer of him any day!
- [sorry Arizona if that made you blush - but it's the best example i could think of
]

regards to all and welcome to this a very special place - how can you not get involved? - tomba

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In light of all the FRIENDLINESS on this posting from PEP and to quash any uncertainties on my moral character. I have decided to "scam" my own brother into buying the TomTom. He has an 03 Warrior and I have spoken highly of this forum to him. But after such a warm welcome, I shall refrain from trying to lure him in to this EXCLUSIVE club where you are judged on the number of incisive comments one adds to a forum. Maybe I too should not spend as much time riding my bike, rather type away and tell people how much better I am by the number of posts I put on a forum, for this will make me righteous, honest and true. We'll I guess this makes 3 posts for me.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Jason,

Please don't let this incident ruin your relationship with the forum. I'm a member in 3 other motorcycle forums, and usually if you're not a "well known" member and trying to sell an item, the poster usually provides pictures of the item, their phone number....or they post the sale and give heads up before they put it on ebay or Craig's list. Let's not forget that some of the biggest scammers in the history of RSW had many many posts and some of them scammed memebers out of hundred or dollars worth of custom work and pain job on their tins.

·
Registered
921 Posts
bighep said:
In light of all the FRIENDLINESS on this posting from PEP and to quash any uncertainties on my moral character. I have decided to "scam" my own brother into buying the TomTom. He has an 03 Warrior and I have spoken highly of this forum to him. But after such a warm welcome, I shall refrain from trying to lure him in to this EXCLUSIVE club where you are judged on the number of incisive comments one adds to a forum. Maybe I too should not spend as much time riding my bike, rather type away and tell people how much better I am by the number of posts I put on a forum, for this will make me righteous, honest and true. We'll I guess this makes 3 posts for me.

+1 LoL!

3 good posts, you're on a roll!!Don't stop now!

If your brother see's through your obvious "scam" and backs out, let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Jason,
This IS a friendly place and many members have been taken advantage of by scammers and misrepresented merchandise. That was the only reason for my original post. The number of posts has nothing to do with honesty or credibility, but it has everything to do with a comfortable feeling knowing that your doing with someone who at least has the same interests as you. I can give you a list of newbs that joined, listed an item, then disappeared and never answered anything about the item. Then there were ones who took money, shipped nothing and disappeared. Ask someone about the painter who had members ship their tins to him with a prepayment for a custom paint job. Imagine being without you tins and not being able to ride.
What would you think if someone had virtually no posts, no history, etc, no link to their apparent webpage, and listed an item for sale with no pics, etc? Just offering your profile at ebay would have done a lot to increase your credibility.
I hope you can understand the concern. It never hurts to be overly cautious and that's what this is all about. If my remarks really don't apply to the way you do business then there's no need to be offended. It's wasn't a personal attack and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Oh . . . . . . . and Jason, you may have heard this before in May of 2007 . . . . . . Welcome to the 4M.

As far as Brandon Simpson and overheadcam427, you guys have been around long enough to know I'm not an aggressive person. You've read my posts and even participated in them to know me much better than that.

There still needs to be a check system in place and there used to be to avoid this. I was just simply trying to help us all avoid a potentially unpleasant experience. If you had been around here long enough to witness the "deals gone bad" then perhaps you would have responded differently to my reply.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
+1

I dont think pep meant to offend anyone.

If someone really wants to scam someone they will. But peps point is (im assuming) that requiring a certain amount of posts will discourage A LOT of scammers who just go fromforum to forum spamming.it has happened more than a few times. if a spammer/scammer has to post 50 times before he/she can try to sell to/scam someone,then they aremuch less likely todo so. not saying that this is what you are doing bighep just trying to be cautious.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Well since the item is sold I see no reason to continue this conversation here. FWIW, as a member for more than a year I'd say he has a right to sell here. I personally try to verify members who I'm purchasing stuff from and post history helps put the buyer at ease but it's up to the buyer to determine if the ad is credible. Pep is a low key and very respectful individual. Please don't mistake his concern as an attack and by all means invite your brother here. This place isn't so exclusive as you are making it out to be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.