RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 xv1700
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I am new to the warrior and the forum. Being a newbie, I've been reading any and everything there is to know about these bikes. Now I understand the Warrior has been discontinued for a few years, but did newbies like myself miss out on many things by coming into the fold so late?
Many items that were available at the height of the warriors popularity are dead and gone. Even simple things can be a chore to locate.
Any truth to this assumption/ observation?
Jay

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see you getting acquainted with the forum and any other source of info. It will pay dividends as you get into your bike and start making mods or addressing issues.

In general, everything that was available is still available, just not so readily. There are some hot commodities that are snatched up pretty quickly as everyone is looking for them. For other items, there are aftermarket suppliers, parted out bikes, or other bikes that parts can be brought over from. The only thing I can think of that really isn't available (unless you find a unicorn, it happens) would be new Yamaha speedstar accessories. THOSE are generally highly sought after and you can only get them second hand. If you are thinking about doing a mod with anything speedstar, keep an eye out for anyone selling them and jump on them as quickly as possible. It took me well over a year to find a speedstar pipe (still haven't mounted it) but I found one from a member here at a decent price so I jumped as quickly as I could, even though I'm not quite ready.

Most other things, though, you can come by if you just pay attention to the forum.

Again, welcome and we look forward to seeing what you do with your ride!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had mine just over three weeks and riding home from a friends house tonight just served to reinforce to me that it is the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned. I'm hooked!

Raz

·
Super Moderator
752 Posts
G’day Phillywarrior,

You can be thankful your in the USA as there were a lot more Warriors sold there than down under Australia so parts either OME or aftermarket should be easier to obtain. Even the price of pre owned bikes is a lot more reasonable in the States than here.

If your looking to buy, there has been some awesome bikes, stock & modified listed for sale on the group. And as for reliability the Warriors are up there with the best.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Well Philly these bikes even when they were being produced weren't flying off the shelves. More Roadstars were sold rather than Warriors. Also not a huge aftermarket following either so choices have always been slim. So for seats you can buy a new Corbin or search for used seats or just modify your stock one. Windshield or sissy bars will have to be searched for used or maybe someone has a NOS for sale on ebay. Like Random said as well, the speedstar stuff are like hen's teeth and exhaust will have to be searched for.

Normal maintenance stuff is abundant and I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
2003 xv1700
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for your responses.

I "kinda" knew what I was getting into regarding the small aftermarket when I bought my bike as a result of research. I have no buyers remorse. Not even a little. I guess what I mean by "late to the fold" and "height of the warriors popularity" is referencing the awesome deals that I read about like the group buys, or the great deal on wide tire kits kylenv had offered to the group what now appears to be years ago. These deals likely won't happen again.

I am still learning about my bike. I really wish I could have a convo with the previous owner to determine what if anything other than what I can see was modified.
My desire to mod is only cosmetics (wide tire) but I'd like to know what I have to start.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
702 Posts
well.. post up pics of what you think may be modified.. people around here are sure to point things out for ya (the visible stuff anywho)

·
Registered
812 Posts
G’day Phillywarrior,

You can be thankful your in the USA as there were a lot more Warriors sold there than down under Australia so parts either OME or aftermarket should be easier to obtain. Even the price of pre owned bikes is a lot more reasonable in the States than here.

If your looking to buy, there has been some awesome bikes, stock & modified listed for sale on the group. And as for reliability the Warriors are up there with the best.
What he said 😎😎🐝

1 - 8 of 8 Posts