RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the criteria for a recall? What percentage failure is necessary for Yamaha to take action? How dangerous does the failure have to be?

We have a large census of Warriors and the same problems come up again and again albeit a small percentage of us have any problems. Some of them are very dangerous.

Rear brakes.
Tachometer.
Quick disconnect.

How can we make sure Yamaha is listening?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I agree with the rear brakes, What is wrong withthe Tach? and the quik disconnect I wouldn't think is a problem, you just have to make sure that it is seated, it would be the same with any type of connection..

So, what is wrong with the tach? Or do you mean the the speedo cable?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
HA!!! I just called the number you gave and the hold music was "You ain't never gonna get it. No you're never gonna get it." I just hung up phone... the f'in irony of that kills me!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those were just a few things off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. I've heard that the tach/speedo doesn't like hot weather and does really weird things. That would be ok if we had snowmobiles. It's not a danger thing but a problem nonetheless. I know my QD has unlocked on me. No gas came out just noticed a click when checking it. I check every time I take the seat off.

·
Registered
518 Posts
For me it was the speedo unit, not the tach or cables, and they switched it out no questions asked, and I haven't had a problem since. In the future maybe they will relocate the quick disconnect to avoid the complication with the low fuel light!?! Brakes do we have issues with the brakes???

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sorry I guess it's just early alzheimers... I've read those threads a dozen times. I've just been lucky with my brakes...so far.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Put the stock valves on your list. My friends vales have the same sealing problem as mine. Would be interesting to know how many Warriors out there are slowly blowing their valves without knowing it.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by computerdude

Put the stock valves on your list. My friends vales have the same sealing problem as mine. Would be interesting to know how many Warriors out there are slowly blowing their valves without knowing it.

Who is your patner and what happen with. When he noted that ,how,etc I'm very interested.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
He is not on that forum. Just took the front head off the see whether he has the same problem. No hard indications. He never put his bike on a dyno.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If we want Yamaha to wake up and take action, we need to get serious![/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

Complain here, it works![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

If enough owners complain, the NHTSA will investigate.
This is how a "recall" begins.

MY .02

·
Registered
131 Posts
That link is how the Gas Tank recall began.

If everyone with; Brake Problems, Speedo Problems, Electrical Problems (stock configuration only), Oil Leaks, or whatever; was to log it into the NHTSA site, they WILL investigate. Yamaha would HAVE to take action by federal law.

NHTSA Safety Recall = Bad Publicity.

Complaining only to Yamaha is allowing them the privelage of deciding what they want to fix.

I , for one, am NOT happy with the recall mod for the gas tank performed by Yamaha. It vibrates like crazy. I filed a report on the recall repair.
I have a bad feeling that down the road, the gas tank could be more trouble. I feel Yamaha should have replaced the tanks with an improved one.

Check out the link and have some fun with it. I know its .gov site, but there is a wealth of info here. Bikes, Cars, Trucks, Tires.....All!

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

My .02

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
I saw on this stite somewhere about the recall for the tank. How come I've never receieved anything from Yamaha about this. My bike has been to the shop twice and they have said nothing. I know when you take you car back to the dealer they check for recalls. So what's up with that?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/files/recall/fueldamper.pdf>http://www.rswarrior.com/files/recall/fueldamper.pdf

1 - 20 of 28 Posts