RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry for the late response, life got a little busy (got sick / new job) and the rain hasn’t helped matters much either so I’m kind of at a stalemate at the moment (sucks since I’ve only ridden her a few times).

I checked the clutch lines for any issues and the area around the lever to see if it was hitting anything when using it. I didn’t find anything according to my knowledge so the plan was to open the case and have a look inside. I read thru the service manual to learn more and look into the schematics/diagrams in the general area (page 330? I think). I was going to buy a used shift shaft assembly off ebay and a gasket to either try myself or provide it to a mobile mechanic. I’m hesitant to do it myself since I have only worked on cars and have no experience with motorcycles (couldn’t find any pictures of what a bent shift shaft assembly might look like). I found one in the area on yelp but haven’t contacted him yet to see if he can help me.

So at this point, I am kind of stuck on what to do and with the rainy weather + holidays coming up, I was thinking of trying to get it fixed in January either by myself or a mobile mechanic. Just wanted to say thanks again to the community for all the help

·
Registered
283 Posts
A couple years ago I was having some issues with my bike engaging the gears up and down, I hadn't taken a fall or had anything happen to the bike that i'm aware of and nothing looked out of place. I tried what you've already done and had no luck so I went ahead and backed out all the adjusters on my clutch cable then readjusted everything and it has worked like a charm since. I'm not sure what happened or what I "fixed" but it worked and didn't cost me a dime. So, that might be worth a shot

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont really see anything out of the ordinary or anything bent....

Is it making any weird noises while its on?
Or when ur trying to shift gears?.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
I can clearly see that the lever is bent towards the body of the motorcycle. Did you end up straightening it?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts